Autodesk® Inventor HSM™ 2019.3 Update
Build 184.108.40.20613 / 30 January 2019
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
The following changes have been made in the current update (2019.3):
New in this version
- Add the "Select Same Diameter" function from the Drilling operation to the Bore, Thread, and Circular operations, including the recently added same diameter filtering. (#8074)
- Added the ability to drag and drop a tool from one operation onto another as it is done in HSMWorks. (#10732)
- When there is more than one body in the model, no automatic selection of all the bodies will be done when creating a new Setup. (#8140)
- For 2D Face operations, added the "Use even stepdowns option which was previously available for 2D Contour and 2D Pocket operations with multiple depths. This reduces the maximum stepdown amount so that each step can be equal. (#9786)
- Added the ability for a grooving tool to go a specified distance below the inner radius while facing the part in a groove turning operation. (#10069)
- In the Turning Profile operation, added the ability for the tool to machine some distance below inner radius in order to get rid of unmachined nubs. (#10073)
- For a better workflow in Turning operations, the Safe Z override parameters were moved after the Approach Retract parameters in the Linking tab. (#11120)
- For a new turning setup, set the default safe Z to the stock front. (#11420)
- For inside turning toolpaths, fixed the error message that popped up when the clearance radius was set to be smaller than the retract radius. (#11050)
- Fixed the order of the radii fields in the radii tab for turning operations to be more logical. It is now: outer radius, inner radius, retract, clearance. (#11051)
- Fixed an issue for Turning Profile operations in which leads were not generated at an angle with respect to the toolpath direction when "Use Fixed Lead Direction" was turned off. The problem occurred in both roughing and finishing passes. (#9944, #10284)
- Corrected the error message for Turning Profile, Turning Part, Turning Face and Turning Groove operations when the parameter "Distance to cut below inner radius" is set to more than 1 inch or 25 mm. (#11274)
- Fixed an issue where checking the parameter "Make sharp corners" was not creating sharp corners in a Profile Turning toolpath. (#10541)
- Removed the (unused) "Lead in/Lead out feedrates from the Turning Part operation since leads cannot be applied in that context. (#11230)
- Allow posting of Manual NC operations without toolpaths (#11649)
- Removed the (unused) "Entry Position" parameter from the NewRadial, NewSpiral, MorphedSpiral, Project, and Morph strategies to prevent confusion. (#10327)
- Fixed a problem with the retract at the shifted position when expanding the Fine Boring cycle for the post processor. (#11350)
- Fixed a problem in which some Inventor HSM addins could not be loaded successfully due to a file missing in the installer. (#11427)
- Allow two open bores to be machined in the same operation even if they overlap. (#11647)
- Remove the (non-working) "Rest from file" option from the rest machining dropdown menu in 3D operations. (#9814)
- Avoid creating an extra tool entry when creating a new tool. (#11944)
- Correct the display of the Feed & Speed title in operation dialogs. (#12278)
- Fixed excessive tool library load time with Harvey tools installed. (#11588)
- Fixed an issue with toolpath smoothing that could result in gouges. (#12239)
Changes to toolpath generation
- For the Engrave toolpath, improved the ordering to reduce the distance which the tool jumps when moving between letters in engraved text. (#4968)
- Fixed a problem in the Pocket strategy that could cause an operation to freeze and not finish. (#10484)
- Fixed an issue with the Turning Profile and Turning Groove operations where the tool was not cutting to the inner radius if there was a hole with a diameter greater than the inner radius. (#9921, #10106)
- Fixed an issue where gouge checking for Turning Profile leads was incorrectly being done for the tool nose center instead of the tool contact point. (#11298)
The following changes have been made in an earlier update (2019.2.1):
New in this version
- Fixed a crash which could occur when using cylindrical stock with only a sketch. (#11512)
- Fixed an issue in which most CAM functions were unavailable in a Mold Design file. Applies only to Inventor HSM Ultimate. (#3937)
- Fixed an issue in the toolpath optimization filter that could result in gouging in some specific geometry. (#11124)
- Added a missing library to the installer which is needed for the HSMEdit backplot function. (#11319)
- Fixed an installer problem with Portuguese and Brazilian localizations. (#11638)
The following changes have been made in an earlier update (2019.2):
New in this version
- Added the ability to round sharp corners in a parting toolpath, specifically when edge break with a chamfer is enabled. (#10109)
- Added the ability to override the Safe Z from the setup dialog in each turning operation and specify an approach and retract point (#10199)
- Added the ability to set the Safe Z in the setup dialog with reference to the WCS origin, stock front or stock back (#8661)
- Added turret column to tool library (#10554)
- Removed unused 'fineStepdown' parameter from 3d Contour & 3d Pocket operations (#10291)
- Improved radius compensation for 2D Profile operations in various examples (#9736)
- Updated simulation to avoid some annoying false reports of collisions for multi-axis toolpath.
- Fixed potentially wrong initial tool axis for multi-axis toolpath for stock simulation.
- Fixed an issue where expressions did not persist in the Chuck Offset field in a turning / mill turn setup dialog (#10694)
- Fixed an issue where a Turning Part operation was not generating the correct toolpath when edge break was turned on and a round grooving tool was used (#10672)
- Fixed the issue where an inside threading operation in turning was allowed to end at the final toolpath Z position (unsafe) instead of at the safe Z position (#10386)
- Fixed a bug with a particular single groove case where an ID groove was not cutting upto the outer radius (#10423)
- Fixed a particular case of single groove where the ID groove was starting and ending at the Z axis instead of the clearance plane (#10422)
- Fixed an issue with turning Profile operations where if the "Use Fixed Lead Direction" parameter was turned off, the leads created were not at an angle with respect to the direction of the toolpath (#10284)
- Fixed issue where for single groove and part toolpaths, if the final peck ended exactly at the total depth of cut, an additional superfluous peck was created. (#10094)
- Added a new option "Selected Position(s)" for single groove operation radii parameters to allow the user to either cut to the X position of the selected position or the inner radius for outside grooving and outer radius for inside grooving. (#9920)
- Fixed the issue where an inside single groove was starting and ending at the center line instead of honoring the retract and clearance cylinders (#10068)
- Fixed the issue for Turning: Profile finishing passes where leads were not generated at an angle with respect to the toolpath direction when "Use Fixed Lead Direction" was turned off (#9944)
- Fixed the issue where for a grooving operation, when "allow rapid retract" was enabled with pecking, each peck was not rapiding during the retract move after each peck. (#10235)
- Fixed issue where a crash would result when trying to simulate certain models (#10852)
- Fixed issue where rest machining from previous operations wouldn't respect prior Drill toolpaths (#11130)
- Fixed issue where rest machining wouldn't work when regenerating toolpaths for an entire setup (#11035)
Changes to toolpath generation
- Improved linking for Adaptive Clearing to avoid retracts. (#9744)
- Improved linking for Adaptive Clearing when using slot opening. (#9702)
- Fixed issue where Adaptive Clearing would not complete. (#10362)
- Fixed potential generation failure for turning. (#10072)
- Fixed generation failure for Slot. (#10048)
- Fixed potential failure of Adaptive Clearing on Windows when installation path contained characters not in the active codepage. (#9968)
- Fixed wrong toolpath for Turning Profile. (#9941)
- Fixed issue where shaft/holder would not pull away when using Shaft and Holder for Adaptive Clearing. (#9938)
Changes to post processor
- Added Section.getFinalSpindleSpeed() and Section.getFinalSpindleOn() API to get the final spindle speed state for a section.
- Added Section.getLastCycle() API to get the last cycle.
- Added Section.doesEndWithCycle() and Section.doesEndWithCycleIgnoringPositioning() API.
- Section.doesStartWithCycleIgnoringPositioning() API now ignores dwell also.
- Show required range for out of range errors for properties when post processing.
- Show range in property tool tip for all number types when post processing.
- Fixed missing use of retract feedrate for expanded break-through drilling cycle.
- Fixed issue where rapid down move to safe position was missing when expanding deep drilling and chip-breaking cycles.
- Do not do linearization around singularity during a multi-axis rewind operation for post processor.
- Fixed issue where rotary axis was not output at a rapid move for multi-axis toolpath.
- Fixed wrong stop-spindle state for cycles.
- Fixed undesired spindle reverse at final point for tapping cycle.
- Fixed issue with warnings when expanding cycle.
- Fixed support for spindle speed when expanding cycle.
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2019.1.1):
- Fixed issue where tools renumbered from the Renumber Tools command in the Tool Library wouldn't update (#10562)
- Hide "From back reference face" checkbox if back mode is not set to Selection in Turning Part operations (#10279)
- Changed outer radius selections to use back reference selection in turning operations (#10240)
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2019.1):
New in this version
- Added warning if there is no selection in "Z Axis (Rotary Axis)" in turning setup (#9810)
- Multiple passes can now be added to turning chamfer operations (#7881)
- For turning part and face operations, an additional distance past center can now be specified (#9635)
- Added automatic selection of best rotation axis in turning setups (#9665)
- Added an end fade move for turning threading operations when it reaches the stock X level (#9763)
- Added backplot feature in NC editor. (#10034)
- Disabled tool orientation when wrap is enabled (#7754)
- A warning will be displayed when selecting "Make Default" from the operation tree (#8215)
- In turning threading operations, feed in and feed out moves are replaced by rapid moves for threading (#9762)
- Update the default offset value of the Clearance and Retract Radii planes for turning face operations (#8259)
- Fixed issue where retract and clearance moves were output incorrectly in turning thread operations (#9071)
- Fixed issue where the cutting location was incorrect for left-handed turning chamfer operations (#7880)
- Fixed issue where derived operations were only placed in parent setup, ignoring folders (#1402)
- Fixed Post Processing issue where the property name invalidates the function if the names match (#9729)
- Fixed issue where moving to limits on 4-axis machine can cause post engine to error (#10023)
- Fixed tool library issue where the operation node was wrongly considered as a tool on Copy (#9749)
- Fixed issue where intermediate file record types did not match defined variables (#10029)
- Fixed issue where the focus in the input text box would jump to a different item when modifying height values (#10044)
- Fixed API issue where the model image was incorrect during setup sheet generation (#10374)
- Fixed issue where the "Show CAM Browser on Open" checkbox wouldn't do anything in HSM Express (#9738)
- Fixed problem where the Inventor HSM API could not be used with Inventor 2018 iLogic rules (#10339)
- Fixed issue where tools that were previously supported for the Trace operation were no longer supported (#10394)
Changes to toolpath generation
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue for turning. (#9917)
- Fixed potential generation failure when using negative stock to leave for turning. (#9722)
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue for turning. (#9751)
- Improved toolpath quality to avoid tiny moves for 2D Contour. (#7585)
Changes to post processor
- Major update of Mazak Integrex post.
- Major update of Siemens mill-turn post.
- Added power setting for through cutting, etching, and vaporize for Grbl laser post.
- Added support for rigid/non-rigid tapping for posts.
- Added support for M960 for controlling C-axis direction for Okuma LB3000 with OSP-300 control post.
- Added support for Spindle Speed Variation (SSV) for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for posts.
- Added support for DPM feedrates for multi-axis motion for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Added support for polylines and full circles for DXF post.
- Added support for tool calls by tool description rather than tool number for Siemens 810D post.
- Added property to control C-axis scale for DMS Router FAGOR posts.
- Fixed missing G43 when using the safe start all operations feature for HAAS posts.
- Fixed Euler angles for multi-axis positioning for posts.
- Fixed Z-probing clearance for Siemens 840D post.
- Fixed left handed tapping for HAAS turning post.
- Fixed missing spindle output for posts.
- Fixed missing force of G-codes at new subprograms for Siemens 840D post.
- Fixed missing force of G-codes at new subprograms for Robodrill post.
- Fixed missing force of G-codes at new subprograms for posts.
- Fixed tapping feedrate rounding issue for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed tapping feedrate rounding issue for HAAS turning post.
- Fixed tapping feedrate rounding issue for HAAS posts.
- Fixed tapping pitch property description for posts.
- Avoid machine retract at start of program for MaslowCNC post.
- Fixed failing ISEL post.
- Fixed inverse time/DPM output for rapid moves for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Avoid Z repositioning after a tool change for posts.
- Fixed machine axis support for HURCO post.
- Fixed multi-axis indexing issue for Tormach post.
- Fixed multi-axis indexing issue for Pocket NC post.
- Fixed missing RAPTO output for drill cycles for CAMplete post.
- Fixed output of C-axis when turning for Doosan mill-turn Fanuc post.
- Fixed issue where post processor could run out of memory. (#3115)
- Updated rotary positioning handling for posts.
- The spindle speed is now output using RPM mode prior to the first positioning and is then output in SFM mode when using 'Use constant surface speed' to avoid starting with a slow RPM for lathe posts.
- The spindle speed is now output using RPM mode prior to the first positioning and is then output in SFM mode when using 'Use constant surface speed' to avoid starting with a slow RPM for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- The spindle speed is now output using RPM mode prior to the first positioning and is then output in SFM mode when using 'Use constant surface speed' to avoid starting with a slow RPM for HAAS mill-turn post.
- Updated tapping feedrate for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Added diameter and length registers at tool change for ACU-RITE MILLPWR G2 post.
- Updated coolant for Heidenhain posts.
- Updated circular motion handling for DXF post.
- Updated inverse time/DPM support for posts.
- Avoid empty blocks for Opticut post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for posts.
- Changed C-reset to use closest virtual C0 instead of absolute C0 for DMS Router posts.
- Added check for tool break control for DMG MORI NHX and CMX posts.
- Time output is no longer forced for DATRON posts.
- Increased minimum chord length for posts.
- Added more decimals for feedrate for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Updated multi-axis indexing for Siemens posts.
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2019.0.2):
- Fixed issue where feedrates weren't shown for milling cycles in the Drill operation (#9945)
- Fixed issue that countersink tools can't be used by the Trace operation (#10190)
- Fixed problem where the toolpath generation confirmation dialog wouldn't show up if the user had the "Confirm generation when already valid" option enabled (#10046)
- Fixed 4-axis multi-axis simultaneous limit issue for post processor
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2019.0.1):
- Fixed issue where changes to text fields were lost (#9918)
- Fixed issue where turning toolpaths could not be generated when using rest machining (#9828)
- Added warning to operations when a toolpath isn't supported for certain tools that are selectable (#9798)
- Fixed issue where stock simulation was showing a gouge falsely (#7585)
- Fixed issue in turning where roughing passes would ignore the model, leading to gouges (#9751)
- Fixed issue where Inventor HSM 2019 could not be loaded when using Inventor 2016 (#9785)
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2019.0):
- Added Both-Ways Adaptive Clearing (#6890)
- Added Tool Orientation to Probing (#9410)
- Added support for selecting rest material source "from bodies" (a.k.a. From Solid(s)) (#6585)
- Added Inventor HSM API (#9319)
- Added diameter range support to Drilling (#8956)
- Added containment boundary support to Drilling (#8958)
- Added support for "Select Same Diameter" on sketches in Drilling (#9435)
- Added support for tapered walls in 2D Adaptive (#9201)
- Beta Added support for Machine Configurations (#7745)
- Added error that is shown when thread mill pitch * teeth exceeds flute length (#9374)
- Fixed out of memory error when using nested patterns with the Excel Setup Sheet (#3115)
- Fixed wrong multi-axis handling for feed optimization. (#9509)
- Changed guided deep drilling to use retract feedrate (#9310)
- Fixed issue where tool is not always taken to limit when rewind is required (#9559)
- Fixed crash when creating 2 Manual NC commands (#9494)
- Fixed issue where rest machining does not calculate when preceded by a manual NC operation in turning operations (#9499)
- Fixed issue where simulation shows additional stock when "No Additional Stock" is selected in the setup (#9385)
Fixed issue in Turning Grooving where the reduced feedrate was using feed/min instead of feed/rev mode (same as cutting- feedrate mode) (#9337)
- Fixed bad ordering issue when using both ways for Adaptive Clearing. (#9580)
Fixed fragmentation of circular cutting passes and missing potential missing cut passes for turning when using rest- machining. (#9529)
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue when using negative radial stock to leave for turning. (#9667)
- Fixed issue where the same cutting pass could be repeated when using rest machining for turning. (#9537)
- Improved rest machining quality for Turning Profile/Grooving. (#8385)
- Fixed potential issue where Turning Profile could ignore an area of the given part. (#9574)
- Fixed wrong ordering issue for 2D Contour. (#9415)
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue for Turning Grooving. (#9489)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. (#9361)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. (#9483)
- Fixed lead-ins from gouging in Cutting strategies in various cases (#9492)
- Fixed issue where lead would hit stock for Turning Grooving. (#9394)
- Fixed compensation in control/wear for turning ID machining. (#7495)
Fixed issue where cutting feedrate would be used instead of lead/in/out feedrate for certain linking moves for Adaptive- Clearing. (#8845)
- Fixed missing compensation in control when using back trimming of cutting passes for 2D Contour. (#9391)
- Fixed preserve order when using roughing passes for 2D Contour/Pocket. (#9290)
- Fixed potential lead-out issue when using back cutting (Sandvik PrimeTurning) for Turning Profile. (#9073)
- Fixed issue where Adaptive Clearing was not using plunge feedrate. (#8708)
Improved lead-in for finishing passes by extending beyond the safe distance for 2D Contour. This will avoid skipped- passes in additional cases. (#9260)
- Improved linking for Adaptive Clearing to avoid stay further away from stock when moving down outside of stock. (#9066)
- Fixed issue where the minimum cutting radius setting affected 2D Contour toolpaths when it shouldn't (#8598)
- Added support for subprograms for Robodrill post.
- Added post for Messer plasma.
- Updated retract and coolant handling for DATRON MCR posts.
- Added support for left-handed tapping and a self-reversing tapping head for Tormach PathPilot post.
- Improved tailstock handling for Okuma LB3000 post.
- Patterned operations can now be output using XYZ mode for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed various issues for different machine types for Techno CNC Router post.
- Fixed incremental Z output for Biesse CIX post.
- Fixed retract handling for Bridgeport DX-32 post.
- Fixed handling of machine orientation when using subprograms for posts.
- Fixed retract handling for DATRON posts.
- Fixed tailstock support for mill-turn posts.
- Fixed tailstock support for Okuma LB3000 mill-turn posts.
- Fixed tailstock support for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Updated G187 for HAAS posts.
- Updated tool call handling for Grbl post.
- General improvements for DATRON next post.
- Improved retract and coolant handling for Siemens 802D post.
- Improved retract and coolant handling for posts.
- Updated work plane handling for posts.
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor HSM 2019 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor HSM 2019 is compatible with the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2018 Autodesk, Inc.