Autodesk® Inventor HSM™ 2019.1 Update
Build 18.104.22.16833 / 13 July 2018
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
The following changes have been made in the current update (2019.1):
New in this version
- Added warning if there is no selection in "Z Axis (Rotary Axis)" in turning setup (#9810)
- Multiple passes can now be added to turning chamfer operations (#7881)
- For turning part and face operations, an additional distance past center can now be specified (#9635)
- Added automatic selection of best rotation axis in turning setups (#9665)
- Added an end fade move for turning threading operations when it reaches the stock X level (#9763)
- Added backplot feature in NC editor. (#10034)
- Disabled tool orientation when wrap is enabled (#7754)
- A warning will be displayed when selecting "Make Default" from the operation tree (#8215)
- In turning threading operations, feed in and feed out moves are replaced by rapid moves for threading (#9762)
- Update the default offset value of the Clearance and Retract Radii planes for turning face operations (#8259)
- Fixed issue where retract and clearance moves were output incorrectly in turning thread operations (#9071)
- Fixed issue where the cutting location was incorrect for left-handed turning chamfer operations (#7880)
- Fixed issue where derived operations were only placed in parent setup, ignoring folders (#1402)
- Fixed Post Processing issue where the property name invalidates the function if the names match (#9729)
- Fixed issue where moving to limits on 4-axis machine can cause post engine to error (#10023)
- Fixed tool library issue where the operation node was wrongly considered as a tool on Copy (#9749)
- Fixed issue where intermediate file record types did not match defined variables (#10029)
- Fixed issue where the focus in the input text box would jump to a different item when modifying height values (#10044)
- Fixed API issue where the model image was incorrect during setup sheet generation (#10374)
- Fixed issue where the "Show CAM Browser on Open" checkbox wouldn't do anything in HSM Express (#9738)
- Fixed problem where the Inventor HSM API could not be used with Inventor 2018 iLogic rules (#10339)
- Fixed issue where tools that were previously supported for the Trace operation were no longer supported (#10394)
Changes to toolpath generation
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue for turning. (#9917)
- Fixed potential generation failure when using negative stock to leave for turning. (#9722)
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue for turning. (#9751)
- Improved toolpath quality to avoid tiny moves for 2D Contour. (#7585)
Changes to post processor
- Major update of Mazak Integrex post.
- Major update of Siemens mill-turn post.
- Added power setting for through cutting, etching, and vaporize for Grbl laser post.
- Added support for rigid/non-rigid tapping for posts.
- Added support for M960 for controlling C-axis direction for Okuma LB3000 with OSP-300 control post.
- Added support for Spindle Speed Variation (SSV) for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for posts.
- Added support for DPM feedrates for multi-axis motion for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Added support for polylines and full circles for DXF post.
- Added support for tool calls by tool description rather than tool number for Siemens 810D post.
- Added property to control C-axis scale for DMS Router FAGOR posts.
- Fixed missing G43 when using the safe start all operations feature for HAAS posts.
- Fixed Euler angles for multi-axis positioning for posts.
- Fixed Z-probing clearance for Siemens 840D post.
- Fixed left handed tapping for HAAS turning post.
- Fixed missing spindle output for posts.
- Fixed missing force of G-codes at new subprograms for Siemens 840D post.
- Fixed missing force of G-codes at new subprograms for Robodrill post.
- Fixed missing force of G-codes at new subprograms for posts.
- Fixed tapping feedrate rounding issue for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed tapping feedrate rounding issue for HAAS turning post.
- Fixed tapping feedrate rounding issue for HAAS posts.
- Fixed tapping pitch property description for posts.
- Avoid machine retract at start of program for MaslowCNC post.
- Fixed failing ISEL post.
- Fixed inverse time/DPM output for rapid moves for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Avoid Z repositioning after a tool change for posts.
- Fixed machine axis support for HURCO post.
- Fixed multi-axis indexing issue for Tormach post.
- Fixed multi-axis indexing issue for Pocket NC post.
- Fixed missing RAPTO output for drill cycles for CAMplete post.
- Fixed output of C-axis when turning for Doosan mill-turn Fanuc post.
- Fixed issue where post processor could run out of memory. (#3115)
- Updated rotary positioning handling for posts.
- The spindle speed is now output using RPM mode prior to the first positioning and is then output in SFM mode when using 'Use constant surface speed' to avoid starting with a slow RPM for lathe posts.
- The spindle speed is now output using RPM mode prior to the first positioning and is then output in SFM mode when using 'Use constant surface speed' to avoid starting with a slow RPM for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- The spindle speed is now output using RPM mode prior to the first positioning and is then output in SFM mode when using 'Use constant surface speed' to avoid starting with a slow RPM for HAAS mill-turn post.
- Updated tapping feedrate for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Added diameter and length registers at tool change for ACU-RITE MILLPWR G2 post.
- Updated coolant for Heidenhain posts.
- Updated circular motion handling for DXF post.
- Updated inverse time/DPM support for posts.
- Avoid empty blocks for Opticut post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for posts.
- Changed C-reset to use closest virtual C0 instead of absolute C0 for DMS Router posts.
- Added check for tool break control for DMG MORI NHX and CMX posts.
- Time output is no longer forced for DATRON posts.
- Increased minimum chord length for posts.
- Added more decimals for feedrate for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Updated multi-axis indexing for Siemens posts.
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2019.0.2):
- Fixed issue where feedrates weren't shown for milling cycles in the Drill operation (#9945)
- Fixed issue that countersink tools can't be used by the Trace operation (#10190)
- Fixed problem where the toolpath generation confirmation dialog wouldn't show up if the user had the "Confirm generation when already valid" option enabled (#10046)
- Fixed 4-axis multi-axis simultaneous limit issue for post processor
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2019.0.1):
- Fixed issue where changes to text fields were lost (#9918)
- Fixed issue where turning toolpaths could not be generated when using rest machining (#9828)
- Added warning to operations when a toolpath isn't supported for certain tools that are selectable (#9798)
- Fixed issue where stock simulation was showing a gouge falsely (#7585)
- Fixed issue in turning where roughing passes would ignore the model, leading to gouges (#9751)
- Fixed issue where Inventor HSM 2019 could not be loaded when using Inventor 2016 (#9785)
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2019.0):
- Added Both-Ways Adaptive Clearing (#6890)
- Added Tool Orientation to Probing (#9410)
- Added support for selecting rest material source "from bodies" (a.k.a. From Solid(s)) (#6585)
- Added Inventor HSM API (#9319)
- Added diameter range support to Drilling (#8956)
- Added containment boundary support to Drilling (#8958)
- Added support for "Select Same Diameter" on sketches in Drilling (#9435)
- Added support for tapered walls in 2D Adaptive (#9201)
- Beta Added support for Machine Configurations (#7745)
- Added error that is shown when thread mill pitch * teeth exceeds flute length (#9374)
- Fixed out of memory error when using nested patterns with the Excel Setup Sheet (#3115)
- Fixed wrong multi-axis handling for feed optimization. (#9509)
- Changed guided deep drilling to use retract feedrate (#9310)
- Fixed issue where tool is not always taken to limit when rewind is required (#9559)
- Fixed crash when creating 2 Manual NC commands (#9494)
- Fixed issue where rest machining does not calculate when preceded by a manual NC operation in turning operations (#9499)
- Fixed issue where simulation shows additional stock when "No Additional Stock" is selected in the setup (#9385)
Fixed issue in Turning Grooving where the reduced feedrate was using feed/min instead of feed/rev mode (same as cutting- feedrate mode) (#9337)
- Fixed bad ordering issue when using both ways for Adaptive Clearing. (#9580)
Fixed fragmentation of circular cutting passes and missing potential missing cut passes for turning when using rest- machining. (#9529)
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue when using negative radial stock to leave for turning. (#9667)
- Fixed issue where the same cutting pass could be repeated when using rest machining for turning. (#9537)
- Improved rest machining quality for Turning Profile/Grooving. (#8385)
- Fixed potential issue where Turning Profile could ignore an area of the given part. (#9574)
- Fixed wrong ordering issue for 2D Contour. (#9415)
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue for Turning Grooving. (#9489)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. (#9361)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. (#9483)
- Fixed lead-ins from gouging in Cutting strategies in various cases (#9492)
- Fixed issue where lead would hit stock for Turning Grooving. (#9394)
- Fixed compensation in control/wear for turning ID machining. (#7495)
Fixed issue where cutting feedrate would be used instead of lead/in/out feedrate for certain linking moves for Adaptive- Clearing. (#8845)
- Fixed missing compensation in control when using back trimming of cutting passes for 2D Contour. (#9391)
- Fixed preserve order when using roughing passes for 2D Contour/Pocket. (#9290)
- Fixed potential lead-out issue when using back cutting (Sandvik PrimeTurning) for Turning Profile. (#9073)
- Fixed issue where Adaptive Clearing was not using plunge feedrate. (#8708)
Improved lead-in for finishing passes by extending beyond the safe distance for 2D Contour. This will avoid skipped- passes in additional cases. (#9260)
- Improved linking for Adaptive Clearing to avoid stay further away from stock when moving down outside of stock. (#9066)
- Fixed issue where the minimum cutting radius setting affected 2D Contour toolpaths when it shouldn't (#8598)
- Added support for subprograms for Robodrill post.
- Added post for Messer plasma.
- Updated retract and coolant handling for DATRON MCR posts.
- Added support for left-handed tapping and a self-reversing tapping head for Tormach PathPilot post.
- Improved tailstock handling for Okuma LB3000 post.
- Patterned operations can now be output using XYZ mode for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed various issues for different machine types for Techno CNC Router post.
- Fixed incremental Z output for Biesse CIX post.
- Fixed retract handling for Bridgeport DX-32 post.
- Fixed handling of machine orientation when using subprograms for posts.
- Fixed retract handling for DATRON posts.
- Fixed tailstock support for mill-turn posts.
- Fixed tailstock support for Okuma LB3000 mill-turn posts.
- Fixed tailstock support for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Updated G187 for HAAS posts.
- Updated tool call handling for Grbl post.
- General improvements for DATRON next post.
- Improved retract and coolant handling for Siemens 802D post.
- Improved retract and coolant handling for posts.
- Updated work plane handling for posts.
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor HSM 2019 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor HSM 2019 is compatible with the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2018 Autodesk, Inc.