Autodesk® Inventor HSM™ 2018
Build 188.8.131.52 / 7 April 2017
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- Inventor HSM Express no longer requires a license number to run.
- Inventor HSM Premium and Ultimate require 2018 licenses to run. You can find yours in the account portal.
- Support for Inventor 2018.
- The Model and CAM browsers can now be docked separately, and switching between these is much easier (requires Inventor 2018).
- Support for directly machining meshes (imported STLs, OBJs etc.)
- Improved Drilling Toolpath preview.
- Allow usage of spot drill in engrave (#6824)
- Add option to Show/Hide Model/ Solid Visibility in Simulation. (#5800)
- Add “Preserve order” or “Optimize order” option to Thread, Circular, or Bore (#3043)
- Add missing options for right click menu of Setups root item in Browser. (#6838)
- Fixed problem in turning where grooving was not allowed for back-to-front cutting. (#6823)
- Fixed problem where selected geometry was incorrectly copied when pasting into a different document. (#6794)
- Fixed crash happening after selecting many text entities in Inventor. (#5592)
- Fix lollipop cutter does not store shaft diameter when there are more shaft segments. (#6650)
- Fixed problem for turning where in some cases front and back stock offsets were swapped. (#4696)
- Fixed default stock contours for cylindrical and tube stock. (#6668)
- Fixed missing conservation of radius compensation state when using PostProcessor.linearize() API. (#6697)
- Fixed support for probing when using setup sheets.
- Fixed issue with holes from the opposite side of the model selected by ”Select same diameter”. (#5903)
- Fix potential crash when deleting objects. #6200
- Enable minimum cutting radius parameter for 2D Contour. (#6592)
- Updated error message for unsupported and missing tool on generation. (#6613)
- Fixed issue where face selections were not cleared when pressing clear selection. (#6556)
- Fixed unable to create a wrapped toolpath with sketch text. (#6561)
- Allow thread mill for Drill strategy. (#6480)
- Fixed issue with rendering for round insert. (#6494)
- Fixed tool compensation showing in the browser when the user has it selected as a preference. (#6346)
- Post Process ignores specified Output folder. (#6515)
- Fixed crash when selecting some split faces for drilling. (#6432)
- Fixed wrong pre-drill cutting feed for 2D Contour/2D Pocket. (#2511)
- Fixed wrong linking for 2D Contour. (#3672)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing for narrow pockets. (#5998)
- Fixed retract below clearance radius for ID machining using Turning Profile. (#6395)
- Fixed wrong feed for finishing pass for Turning Profile when using no drag feature. (#6440)
- Fixed wrong bounding box API issue. (#6291)
- Fix crash after clicking Pattern button. (#6374)
- Fixed missing lead in/out feed for Spot Drill. (#6353)
- Fixed performance issue when editing Drill operations using Select Same Diameter. (#6221)
- Handle problem with generating the turning profile gracefully. (#5940)
- Fix current position marker when adding new operation from Template. (#6077)
- Fixed wrong Tab placement for text contour. (#5831)
- Add standard probes to tool library (Renishaw) (#3373)
- Fix tool inserts cutting length edge (only in mm) (#4850)
- Fix lollipop cutter changes definition when file is reopened. (#6014)
- Fixed issue with reversed operation order when copying multiple ops. (#5985)
- Changed from BMP to PNG for model images for setup sheets. (#3214)
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor HSM 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor HSM 2018 is compatible with the 2016, 2017 and 2018 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
- Inventor must be installed prior to installing Inventor HSM
- If you need to install Inventor, it should be available to you in the Autodesk Account Portal
Before you install Inventor HSM 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM 2018.
- Before installing Inventor HSM 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download Inventor HSM 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at email@example.com or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.