Autodesk® Inventor HSM™
Release Notes – 2018.3 (R4) Update
Build 188.8.131.52/ 8 January 2018
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
The following changes have been made in the current update (2018.3):
- Added 2D Profile strategy (similar to Fusion 360). #8863
- Added support for pecking for Turning Profile. You can use this feature to break the chips. #8835
- Added support for both ways Adaptive Clearing. When both ways is enabled you can set a separate load and feedrate for the opposite cutting direction. You can use this feature to reduce machining time further when roughing depending on the material you are machining. The main cutting direction (normally Climb) will be the preferred cutting direction but the opposite direction will be used when the alternative non-engaging stay down linking would be estimated to be longer. #8734
- Added support for back cutting (used for Sandvik PrimeTurning) for Turning Profile. #8946
- Added Flow strategy. #8296
- Improved stock simulation of simultaneous multi-axis toolpath. #9187
- Show number of holes being machined for Drill. #8221
- Fixed issue when selecting a tool from different operation in the tool library did not use the desired feedrates and speeds. #9235
- Block post-processing if an operation is calculating. #9218
- Fixed a crash when running simulation of a weldment assembly. #8900
- Fixed issue where undoing multiple CAM operations wouldn’t refresh browser nodes. #8868
- Fixed issue where toolpath generation didn’t obey the max number of concurrent tasks set in the CAM Task Manager. #8781
- Fixed issue where the maximum spindle speed would be overwritten when selecting tool which uses constant surface speed. #8394
- Improved turning radii selections when using the “Selection” option. #8282
- Fixed issue where multiple tool entries would be created when copying operations across documents. #7809
- Using a Spot drill for drilling exposes linear feedrates. #5413
- Fixed issue edits to an operation parameter will be lost if hitting Return quickly. #8836
- Shows a progress bar when executing commands (generate, duplicate etc.). #6749
- If you cancel a rename action in the CAM browser, or accept a rename that doesn’t make a change, you may get into a state where further browser actions (e.g., right-click) menu do not work. To get out of this situation, just press ESC again. #9282
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2018.2.2):
Changes in toolpath generation:
- Fixed wrong toolpath for Swarf when using surface driven mode. #9068
- Fixed wrong toolpath for circular nested pockets for 2D Pocket. #8899
- Fixed issue with memory usage when machining tiny pockets for Adaptive Clearing. #8732
Changes to post processor:
- Fixed missing output of rotaries issue for posts with subprograms.
- Add missing G90 after machine retract for CR Onsrud 5-axis Router post.
- Add missing G90 after machine retract for DMS Router posts.
- Add missing G90 for 5AXISMAKER post after machine retract.
- Add missing G90 for HAAS posts after machine retract.
- Fixed SafeZHeightForWorkpiece for DATRON next post.
- Updated multi-axis support to handle rewinds better for Pocket NC post.
- Added support for setting machine type for Intelitek post.
- Added post for TRUMPF laser cutting.
- Added posts for CAMaster with WinCNC control.
- Added property to set 4th axis if available for Mach3Mill post.
- Added property to control tapping mode for FAGOR post.
- Added property to reverse the direction of G2/G3 for ProtoTRAK turning.
- Fixed canned cycle XYZ output for DATRON next post.
- Fixed tool definition issue for CAMplete APT post.
- Fixed color for etching for Universal Laser post.
- Fixed work offset for angular probing for HAAS UMC-750 post.
- Added forced multi-axis reset for Heidenhain posts when switching between indexed and simultaneous machining.
- Fixed potential failure when using for HAAS Next Generation M130 post.
- Fixed YZ axis inversion when secondary spindle is active for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Fixed thread orientation issue for tapping with chip breaking for HAAS posts by using G99.
- Removed G17/G18/G19 for G2/G3 to avoid issues for circular moves for Siemens 802D post.
- Fixed circular move for Anilam Conversational post.
- Updated description for Othermill post.
- Changed default to only output cutting for Universal Laser DXF post.
- Added support for G54.1P for Mitsubishi post.
- Added DMG Mori NHX post.
- Added AMADA laser post.
The following were addressed in an earlier update (2018.2.1):
- Fixed issue with folder selection dialog. #8770
- Avoid showing Maximum Groove Stepdown and Grooving Pattern when roughing passes are disabled for Turning Profile Groove. #8711
- Fixed support for post processing to files that do not have a file extension. #8722
- Reenable display of file name in post process dialog. #8784
- Fixed incorrect turning holder display in setup sheet. #8628
- Fixed crash when press Enter key while Simulation active. #8667
- Disable insert position marker functionality (beta mode). #8813
- Updated translated strings. #8505
Changes in toolpath generation:
- Fixed wrong roughing toolpath issue for Turning Groove.. #8511
Changes to post processor:
- Fixed missing unit mapping for Section.getParameter() API for number parameters. #8724
- Fixed missing properties for CurveEntity API. #8766
- Fixed error during cycle time calculation when there is a Z-plane probing cycle. #8551
- Fixed issue with unsupported tool orientation for machine when post processing. #8772
Changes to post library:
- Fixed wrong syntax for canned cycles for XML post.
- Fixed missing indexing of C-axis in XCZ mode for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed missing option for G18 property for Milltronics post.
- Fixed homing of the C-axis at the end of the program and disabled the output of G80 after a part transfer operation for Doosan mill-turn Fanuc post.
- Fixed helical move issues for MillPlus post.
- Fixed probing cycles for Heidenhain posts.
- Fixed helical move issues for Siemens mill posts.
- Fixed wrong coolant M-codes for CNC Router Parts (Mach3Mill) post.
- Fixed tapping with chip breaking for UCCNC posts.
- Fixed issue with missing wrap of listed tools for HTML setup sheets.
- DATRON MCR English/German posts are now deprecated. Use the DATRON MCR post instead.
- Adjusted parameter output to exclusively use type attribute for differentiating between types for XML post.
- Switched from using G53 to G28 for machine retracts for TinyG post.
- Updated multi-axis rewind handling to allow for resetting of the encoder and handling of continuous axes for HAAS posts.
- Added documentation of properties for HAAS posts.
- Updated multi-axis rewind handling to allow for resetting of the encoder and handling of continuous axes.
- Major update of DATRON next post with improvements and fixes.
- Major update of DATRON MCR post with improvements and fixes.
- Added Mazak laser post.
- Added feedrate support for Mach3 waterjet post.
- Added property to use pitch for tapping for Mazatrol Fusion 640M post.
- Added documentation of properties for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Added support for BC-style trunnion for HAAS Next Generation posts.
- Added support for 5-axis trunnion, subprograms, probing, nano smoothing, and center part at door for Doosan VMC Fanuc post.
- Added new property ‘TCPType’ to control the TCP type for OSAI post.
- Added property ‘useG0’ to turn on/off G0 rapid moves for Pocket NC post.
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor HSM 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor HSM 2018 is compatible with the 2016, 2017 and 2018 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
Autodesk Inventor must be installed prior to installing Inventor HSM
Inventor HSM 2018 is compatible with the 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 versions of Inventor.
If you need to install Inventor, it should be available to you in the Autodesk Account Portal
Before you install Inventor HSM 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM 2018.
Before installing Inventor HSM 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
Download Inventor HSM 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.