Autodesk® Inventor HSM™
Release Notes – 2018.3.2 (R4.2) Update
Build 184.108.40.206/ 23 February 2018
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
The following changes have been made in the current update (2018.3.2):
- Fixed a performance regression where the software would lag within the Linking tab for 2D and 3D Adaptive operations #9436
- Modified the speed and feed values to not be 0 when creating a new Drill operation with a milling tool #9367
- Fixed crash that occurred when activating an assembly sub-component. #9470
- Fixed regression where secondary spindle operations plane selections are shown as cylinders instead of planes. #9477
- Fixed wrong multi-axis handling for feed optimization. #9509
- Improved rest machining quality for Turning Profile/Grooving. #8385
- Fixed issue where lead would hit stock for Turning Grooving. #9394
- Fixed issue where cutting feedrate would be used instead of lead/in/out feedrate for certain linking moves for Adaptive Clearing. #8845
- Fixed missing compensation in control when using back trimming of cutting passes for 2D Contour. #9391
- Fixed preserve order when using roughing passes for 2D Contour/Pocket. #9290
- Fixed potential lead-out issue when using back cutting (Sandvik PrimeTurning) for Turning Profile. #9073
- Fixed issue where Adaptive Clearing was not using plunge feedrate. #8708
- Improved lead-in for finishing passes by extending beyond the safe distance for 2D Contour. This will avoid skipped passes in additional cases. #9260
- Improved linking for Adaptive Clearing to avoid stay further away from stock when moving down outside of stock. #9066
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. #9361
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. #9483
- Fixed issue where stock would not be machined for 2D Adaptive Clearing.
Changes to post processor:
- Added HAAS CL-1 post.
- Added property to tell post to use bar feeder for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Added Bridgeport DX-32 post.
- Added properties to support MX3 for Yasnac post.
- Added support for thread mill (as flat end-mill) for CAMplete post.
- Added option to choose operation presentation style for DATRON posts.
- Added property to enable use of secondary spindle for Okuma LB3000 lathe post.
- Fixed G2/G3 for ProtoTRAK turning post.
- Fixed G41/G42 for subspindle for DMG Mori NLX mill-turn post.
- Fixed G41/G42 for subspindle for Doosan mill-turn Fanuc post.
- Fixed G41/G42 for subspindle for Nakamura mill-turn Fanuc post.
- Fixed wrong plane issue for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Removed unsupported G43 and D-word for ProtoTRAK GCD post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Bridgeport post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Carbide 3D (Grbl) post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Brother post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Bravoprodigy post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Boxford post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Bosch post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Biemmepi post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Belotti post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for FANUC post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Anilam Conversational post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Anilam ISO post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Andronic post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Anderson post.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for Acramatic posts.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for ACU-RITE MILLPWR posts.
- Updated coolant and retract handling for 5AXISMAKER post.
- The motion is now optimized for the C-axis rotation during simultaneous 4-axis operations for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Changed DMG Mori NLX Mill-Turn post to optimize for simultaneous 4-axis toolpath.
- Switched to M91/M92 for machine retracts for Heidenhain 155 post.
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2018.3.1):
- Fixed issue that disabled the direction arrow after clearing geometry input in Flow and Swarf #9397
- Fixed crash in “Flow” when switching Flow direction #9368
- Fixed unsupported stroke scaling for Internet Explorer / Edge browsers #9352
- Fixed crash due to invalid plane/origin for protected operation #9317
- Fixed regression where Mouse clicking no longer worked after renaming a browser node #9282
Changes to post processor:
- Post Processing: Fixed issue where getGlobalParameter() always returns the value in MM #9347
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2018.3):
- Added 2D Profile strategy (similar to Fusion 360). #8863
- Added support for pecking for Turning Profile. You can use this feature to break the chips. #8835
- Added support for both ways Adaptive Clearing. When both ways is enabled you can set a separate load and feedrate for the opposite cutting direction. You can use this feature to reduce machining time further when roughing depending on the material you are machining. The main cutting direction (normally Climb) will be the preferred cutting direction but the opposite direction will be used when the alternative non-engaging stay down linking would be estimated to be longer. #8734
- Added support for back cutting (used for Sandvik PrimeTurning) for Turning Profile. #8946
- Added Flow strategy. #8296
- Improved stock simulation of simultaneous multi-axis toolpath. #9187
- Show number of holes being machined for Drill. #8221
- Fixed issue when selecting a tool from different operation in the tool library did not use the desired feedrates and speeds. #9235
- Block post-processing if an operation is calculating. #9218
- Fixed a crash when running simulation of a weldment assembly. #8900
- Fixed issue where undoing multiple CAM operations wouldn’t refresh browser nodes. #8868
- Fixed issue where toolpath generation didn’t obey the max number of concurrent tasks set in the CAM Task Manager. #8781
- Fixed issue where the maximum spindle speed would be overwritten when selecting tool which uses constant surface speed. #8394
- Improved turning radii selections when using the “Selection” option. #8282
- Fixed issue where multiple tool entries would be created when copying operations across documents. #7809
- Using a Spot drill for drilling exposes linear feedrates. #5413
- Fixed issue edits to an operation parameter will be lost if hitting Return quickly. #8836
- Shows a progress bar when executing commands (generate, duplicate etc.). #6749
- If you cancel a rename action in the CAM browser, or accept a rename that doesn’t make a change, you may get into a state where further browser actions (e.g., right-click) menu do not work. To get out of this situation, just press ESC again. #9282
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor HSM 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor HSM 2018 is compatible with the 2016, 2017 and 2018 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor must be installed prior to installing Inventor HSM
- Inventor HSM 2018 is compatible with the 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 versions of Inventor.
- If you need to install Inventor, it should be available to you in the Autodesk Account Portal
Before you install Inventor HSM 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM 2018.
- Before installing Inventor HSM 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download Inventor HSM 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2018 Autodesk, Inc.