Autodesk® Inventor HSM™
Release Notes – 2018.2 (R3) Update
Build 220.127.116.11/ 2 October 2017
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- Add “approach mode” parameter for 2d Contour. #6078
- Add “Curve in Radius” parameter as an advanced setting for Adaptive Clearing. #8251
- Added ‘Stock back’ as option for chuck position mode. #8280
- Add Fixture Attachment selection to Setup for use by 3rd party software. #7937
- Improved tool information for HTML setup sheet. #8098
- Added ‘Chuck Front’ as possible reference for secondary spindle operations. #8160
- Use new parametric confinement for Turning Part and Face. #8079
- Added “Only Same Hole Depth” and “Only Same Z Top Height” to Drill when using “Select Same Diameter”. #8030
- Added “Keep Original” option to Duplication and Component pattern. #8073
- Only automatically select Setup Model bodies if there are few. #8140
- Rename “WCS Probe” strategy to “Probe”. #7909
- Add Renishaw Probes library to sample libraries. #8302
- Changed default rounding for relative size cylindrical stock to 0. #7739
- Set the focus of the Compare and Edit dialog to be the text filter on launch. #7908
- Avoid showing Blend in “Create Derived Operation” submenu if not enabled by license. #8461
- Fixed wrong toolpath issue for Turning Profile. #8219
- Fixed potential break and retract for Adaptive Clearing when using entry positions. #8248
- Fixed wrong linking issue for Turning Profile. #8253
- Fixed potential failure for Turning Profile. #8267
- Fixed issue with importing from TSV files. #8375
- Fixed potentially missing model image for Excel 2007 Setup Sheet. #8351
- Remove Delete command from context menu of browser item sub-nodes (toolpath, WCS, tool). #1229
- Fixed issue where 2D contour using Dovetail could gouge the model. #8232
- Fix incorrect toolpath in 2D Contour when using the Do Chamfer parameter. #8207
- Selection button not auto-activated after make a previous selection. #3354
- Fix cases where CAM browser doesn’t get updated properly when working with opened assembly component. #8081
- Avoid license dialog when upgrading from previous version. #8090
- Fixed crash trying to show preview on certain models. #8072
- Fixed issue in 2D Chamfer where no vertical lead out radius was produced when “Same as lead in” is checked. #8041
- Activate selection control when choosing “Selection” on heights tab. #3614
- Hide Stock to Leave parameter for Turning Chamfer. #1465
Changes in Toolpath Generation
- Added support for merging multiple contours when they are touching for turning. #6156
- Improved support for predrilling for 2D Contour to support cases where tool size is very close to the pocket being machining. #7675
- Changed turning to return error when multiple disjoint contours are provided. #6156
- Improved retract linking for Turning Profile. #7498
- Improved toolpath quality near rotary axis for Turning Profile. #7545
- Fixed wrong retract issue for Turning Profile. #8253
- Fixed wrong toolpath coordinate issue for Turning Profile. #8219
- Fixed wrong retract issue for Turning Profile. #8198
- Changed movement to using predrilling feed for Adaptive Clearing when using the predrill feature. #7743
- Fixed issue when Adaptive Clearing would get stuck during calculation. #7327
- Fixed potential failure for Turning Grooving. #7844
- Fixed potential failure for Adaptive Clearing. #6587
- Fixed issue with leads not remaining in fixed orientation when cutting at an angle for Turning Profile. #7782
- Fixed retract exceeding clearance for Turning Profile. #7837
- Fixed potential failure during staydown for Adaptive Clearing. #7825
- Fixed potential failure for Adaptive Clearing. #7294
Changes to post processor:
- Added API PostProcessor.registerTerminationHandler() to register functions to be called at end of processing.
- Added API for multi-axis singularity settings. See MachineConfiguration.setSingularity() for details.
- Fixed support for Unicode for ZipFile API. #7021
- Fixed issue where toolpath information was not available during onTerminate().
Changes to post library:
- Added Siemens 840D with subprograms post.
- Added ACU-RITE MILLPWR G2 post.
- Added support for product and holder links for HTML Tool Sheet.
- Added Kern laser post.
- Added new property ‘useTCPC’ to switch between TCP and no-TCP for HAAS Next Generation posts.
- Added support for accumulated depth for the G73 canned cycle for HAAS mill posts.
- Detect and present product ID for tool and holder as link for HTML setup sheet.
- Improved CAMplete post for better support of installed CAMplete.
- Added DMS router FAGOR 8055 & 8065 posts.
- Added property ‘writeComments’ to enable/disable comments for Maho 432 post.
- Added CNC Router Parts Mach3 plasma post.
- Added post for Maho Philips 432.
- Added Mach3 waterjet and plasma posts.
- Updated support for G112/XZC machining for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Added ProtoTRAK turning post.
- Added G48 support for CSS mode for Mach3 turning post.
- Added support for switching to mm/s using property ‘useUnitPerSecondFeedrates’ for WinPC-NC. The default is mm/min. This feature is only supported for metric mode.
- Added support for turning off rigid tapping using property ‘useRigidTapping’ for Fadal post. Rigid tapping is enabled by default.
- Added support for laser cutting for UCCNC post.
- Added property ‘abrasiveFlow’ for Hydren waterjet post.
- Updated properties for specifying the machine model for Roland RML post.
- Updated properties for specifying the fourth axis for UCCNC posts.
- Updated properties for specifying the fourth axis for WinPC-NC posts.
- Added properties to tell which rotaries are available to avoid G28 retracts when not desired for HAAS Next Generation posts.
- Updated when to use the chip breaking and deep drilling canned cycles for Anilam ISO post.
- Don’t show number of flutes if 0 for HTML Setup Sheet.
- Updated MultiCam HPGL post to only accept 3-axis toolpath.
- Ignore work offset for Roland post.
- Updated MultiCam ISO post to only accept 3-axis toolpath.
- Updated FlexiCAM post to only accept 3-axis toolpath.
- Updated documentation for properties for posts.
- Added failure when not using machine rotaries for multi-axis simultaneous toolpath for posts.
- Updated documentation for properties for posts.
- Adjusted encoder reset at rewinds for HAAS UMC-750 post.
- Adjusted rewind handling for HAAS with trunnion post.
- Updated support for floating tab holder for Andronic post.
- Changed description for HTML Setup Sheet.
- Updated retract handling for Heidenhain posts.
- Simplified implementation of Flow post.
- Renamed property ‘rigidTapping’ to ‘useRigidTapping’ for Heidenhain posts.
- Changed defaults for properties and added support for enabling/disabling multi-axis for CR Onsrud router post.
- Major update of ISEL post.
- Updated tool info for HTML Setup Sheet and enabled tool list by default.
- Updated description for HAAS milling posts to include ‘(pre-NGC)’ to indicate that posts are for the pre-Next Generation Control.
- Updated multi-axis support for Pocket NC, 5AXISMAKER, and HAAS posts.
- Updated inverse time support for HAAS posts.
- Updated inverse time support for Tormach PathPilot, Pocket NC, 5AXISMAKER, and Fadal posts.
- Updated inverse time support for Fanuc with A-axis post.
- Fixed wrong rotation for 5-axis indexing when tool axis is perpendicular to the slave table for Pocket NC.
- Fixed canned cycles output for Anilam ISO post.
- Use 6 decimals for to multi-axis vectors when no machine is defined for Siemens 840 posts.
- Fixed G18 issue for polar interpolation mode for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Fixed naming for property ‘spindleSpeedInRPM’ for Roland RML post.
- Fixed potential failure for Heidenhain 407 post.
- Fixed issue with failure for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed missing axis limit for PLANE SPATIAL for Heidenhain and Heidenhain 426 posts.
- Fixed missing spindle and coolant on command for rewind situations for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed potentially missing model picture issue for Excel 2007 Setup Sheet.
- Fixed wrong initial position issue for Brother post.
- Fixed C-axis positioning for axial center drilling for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed multi-axis support for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Fixed issue with out of range C-axis for XZC milling for HAAS lathe posts.
- Fixed G43.4 for Doosan VMC Fanuc post.
- Fixed multi-axis indexing issue for HAAS posts.
- Fixed unsupported G90/G91 for Mach4 turning post.
- Fixed support for property ‘useZ’ at cycles for Torchmate post.
- Fixed wrong syntax for cycles for XML post.
- Fixed power-off support for nozzle down moves for Flow post.
- Fixed tangency validation for Thermwood post.
- Fixed missing EOT at program end for Maho 432 post.
- Fixed slow positioning moves for canned cycles for Fadal post.
- Fixed circular moves in ZX plane for ISEL post.
- Fixed missing G43.4 TCP output for Fanuc posts.
- Fixed subprogram issues for Heidenhain post.
- Fixed missing length offset for Siemens 802D/810D posts. Note that length offset is always set to D1.
- Fixed backwards compatibility issue for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed G94 output for Fanuc with A-axis post.
- Fixed position issue for subprogram for Fanuc post.
- Fixed missing D-word with G41/G42 for Hydren Systems waterjet post.
- Fixed missing output of main/sub spindle for axial center drilling for Mazak Integrex post.
- Fixed issue for CSS mode for Siemens mill-turn post.
- Fixed coolant handling for Tormach post.
- Updated smoothing and fixed multi-axis support for Onsrud post.
- Fixed turning output after drilling for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Fixed inverse time support for Mach mill posts.
- Disabled G2/G3 since unsupported for Carvey.
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor HSM 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor HSM 2018 is compatible with the 2016, 2017 and 2018 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
Inventor must be installed prior to installing Inventor HSM
If you need to install Inventor, it should be available to you in the Autodesk Account Portal
Before you install Inventor HSM 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM 2018.
Before installing Inventor HSM 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
Download Inventor HSM 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.