Autodesk® Inventor HSM™
Release Notes – 2018.1 Update (R2)
Build 188.8.131.52/ 30 June 2017
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- Improved turning toolpath preview for ID operations. Toolpath is now shown through the model, and the stock area preview is shown without edges. #6423
- Added parametric confinement for turning, and removed the old confinement. #2894
- Added retract height to Profiling and Grooving. #7290
- Added retract height to turning Face, Part, Single Groove and Chamfer. #7291
- Added support for embedding pictures in Setup Sheet.
- Added relevant turning tool information in Setup Sheet.
- Added support for turning tool preview in Setup Sheet. #2501
- Added retract height for turning threading. Removed inner and outer radius as they did not affect the generated toolpaths. #4042
- IdeaStation: Support ability for user to choose which license level (Premium/Ultimate) to use. #7412
- Added dwell option for the Single Groove opration #7451
- Allow user to disable toolpath generation on creation/change of an operation. This option can be changed in Inventor HSM options. #6422
- IdeaStation: Use program name/comment from setup if only operation(s) selected. #7138
- Fixed wrong stock simulation issue when milling comes after a Turning Thread operation. #7582
- Simple ordering functionality for Parallel operation is now obeying the setting. #7593
- Ensure that vertical moves for 2D Contour are generated with Plunge feed. #7512
- Prevent unnecessary invalidation of operations using rest machining from tool (instead of operations) when re-ordering operations. #7458
- Fix misspelling in Preserve Order tooltip. #7517
- Prevent overwriting of all tool parameters just by re-selecting the same tool (with no changes). #7450
- The Leads on all Finishing Passes parameter in 2D Contour / 2D Pocket is now being obeyed. #1366
- Fixed wrong start position for bore milling cycle when using conventional milling direction. #7496
- Avoid text truncation on Product Information button. #7026
- When copying a pattern containing a drill operation from one document to another, Fusion would crash when attempting to fix the missing selections in the pasted pattern/operations. #7506
- Custom value specified as size of a turning insert is now being persisted #7443
- Calculating proper compensation point when selecting ‘Tip tangent’ for inserts without holder. #6742
- Fix scenario in Inventor 2018 where CAM-specific marking menu would not be shown in simulate command if CAM browser is not active. #7383
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor HSM 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor HSM 2018 is compatible with the 2016, 2017 and 2018 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
- Inventor must be installed prior to installing Inventor HSM
- If you need to install Inventor, it should be available to you in the Autodesk Account Portal
Before you install Inventor HSM 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM 2018.
- Before installing Inventor HSM 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download Inventor HSM 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at email@example.com or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.