Autodesk® Inventor HSM™
Release Notes – 2018.0.1a Update
Build 184.108.40.206/ 3 May 2017
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- Fixed crash when copying drill operation between documents. (#7136)
- Fixed issue where Probe geometry selections would be lost if using Compare and Edit. (#7154)
- Fixed crash when using Select Template. (#7135)
- Fixed issue where you had to change twice to switch Stock Colorization mode from “Use material” to “Operation”. (#3615)
- Fixed crash that would sometimes occur after changing model visibility. (#7121)
- Fixed issue where the Inventor HSM addin would not load if particular other software was installed, causing a DLL conflict. (#7167)
- Regression in Inventor HSM 2018 that results in nothing happening (no file save dialog) if try to use Store as Template with multiple objects selected. (#7134)
- Fixed crash when access Stock or Heights tab when using Inventor 2015 or 2016. (#7237)
Changes to toolpath generation:
- Fixed issue with retracts to home position exceeding the retract limits for Turning Groove. (#6777)
- Fixed issue with missing horizontal lead-ins for 2D Contour when using roughing. (#5921)
- Fixed wrong passes issues when using morph mode for 2D Pocket. (#3581)
- Fixed wrong staydown linking for 2D Contour. (#1474)
- Fixed wrong leads for 2D Contour. (#1490)
- Fixed rest machining support when using sideways cutting for Turning Grooving. (#6899)
- Fixed issue where error was not properly returned when no retract could be successfully fitted for Contour. (#2765)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. (#6783)
- Fixed wrong retract for ID machining for Turning Profile. (#6715)
- Fixed isse with lead-out exceeding axial limit for Turning Profile. (#6096)
- Fixed missing trimming of too high passes for Engrave. (#2757)
- Fixed issue were lower passes where not skipped when higher passes could not be reached for Pocket. (#6710)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. (#5583)
- Fixed wrong ordering from outside issue for 2D Pocket. (#6576)
- Improved toolpath quality for Turning Profile to avoid non tangential final cutting pass fragment in more cases. (#2303)
- Improved linking for 2D Contour to ensure rapid retract in more cases. (#6660)
- Improved pull-away linking for Turning Profile to ensure moved leads. (#6677)
- Improved toolpath quality for Turning Groove. (#6656)
- Fixed issue where motion between different Z-levels would be in feed rather than rapid for 2D Contour/2D Pocket. (#2437)
- Fixed issue with skipped pocket due to linking for 2D Contour/2D Pocket. (#5923)
- Improved toolpath quality for 2D Contour to avoid extra circular moves in more cases. (#2781)
- Use lead-in instead of plunge when linking outside of defined stock for 2D Contour/2D Pocket. (#2494)
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor HSM 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor HSM 2018 is compatible with the 2016, 2017 and 2018 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
- Inventor must be installed prior to installing Inventor HSM
- If you need to install Inventor, it should be available to you in the Autodesk Account Portal
Before you install Inventor HSM 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM 2018.
- Before installing Inventor HSM 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download Inventor HSM 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at email@example.com or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.