Update 2 for Autodesk® Inventor HSM™ 2017
Build 4.3.0.050 / January 7, 2017
This document covers all three Inventor CAM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
As part of the transition to a combined Autodesk HSM offering, we are adjusting the naming of the different HSMWorks and Inventor HSM editions to align with the “Premium” and “Ultimate” levels. This results in the following transitions:
- “Inventor HSM” becomes “Inventor HSM Premium”
- “Inventor HSM Pro” becomes “Inventor HSM Ultimate”
- “HSMWorks Pro” becomes “HSMWorks Premium”
- “HSMWorks Premium” becomes “HSMWorks Ultimate”
Capabilities of the respective editions remains unchanged.
Please note that this transition is still a work-in-progress, and you may still encounter areas in the product or documentation where the previous naming remains. We apologize for any confusion this may cause.
All versions of Inventor HSM (including Inventor HSM Express)
- Added Turret parameter for milling tools.
- Added “Live Tool” support.
- Fixed problem where re-ordering operations would reverse their order in the browser tree.
- Improved stability in the User Interface
Return to Top
Autodesk Inventor HSM 2017 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
Disk Requirements – Autodesk Inventor HSM 2017
System Actual Disk Required
Windows 64-bit HSM add-in install 0.4 GB
Return to Top
- Inventor HSM 2017 is compatible with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
- New this update – Inventor must be installed prior to installing Inventor HSM
- If you need to install Inventor, it should be available to you in the Autodesk Account Portal
Before you install Inventor HSM 2017, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM 2017.
- Before installing Inventor HSM 2017, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download Inventor HSM 2017 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at email@example.com or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at:
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.