Autodesk® Inventor HSM™ 2017 Update 2 – Hotfix 1
Build 4.3.0.054 / 24 February 2017
This document covers all three Inventor HSM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM Premium (formerly Inventor HSM)
- Inventor HSM Ultimate (formerly Inventor HSM Pro)
This hotfix contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- Enable Minimum Cutting Radius in 2D Contour without roughing passes. (CAM-6592)
- Fixed failure when crating new milling holder. (CAM-6574)
- Operations stored in a pattern are loaded outside of the pattern. (CAM-6564)
- Wrong toolpath when using spot/countersink tools for 2D Chamfer. (CAM-6492)
- Fixed crash when picking split holes for Drilling. (CAM-6432)
- Install Autodesk Inventor HSM without Inventor installed causes the installer crash (CAM-6380)
- Fixed potential crash when creating new pattern. (CAM-6374)
- PostProcessor.getBoundingBox() API returns wrong results. (CAM-6291)
- Fix poor performance when using select same diameter for Drilling. (CAM-6221)
- Create From Template does not honor insert position. (CAM-6129)
- Current position marker is incorrect when adding new operation from Template. (CAM-6077)
- Wrong depth of hole for countersink. (CAM-5727)
- Fixed tool orientation issue for drilling. (CAM-5435)
- Fix insert position for new operations (at bottom of Setup). (CAM-4924)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. (CAM-6563)
- Fixed a very rare gouge in the shortest path linker. (CAM-6542)
- Fixed wrong feed for finishing pass for Turning Profile when using no drag feature. (CAM-6440)
- Fixed retract below clearance radius for ID machining using Turning Profile. (CAM-6395)
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing for narrow pockets. (CAM-5998)
- Fixed generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. (CAM-5954)
- Fixed fragmented finishing path issue for Turning Profile. (CAM-5744)
- Fixed lead-out outside of allowed area for Turning Profile. (CAM-5726)
- Fixed long staydown linking issue for 2D Pocket. (CAM-3796)
- Fixed wrong linking for 2D Contour. (CAM-3672)
- Fixed wrong retract for Adaptive Clearing. (CAM-3251)
- Fixed wrong pre-drill cutting feed for 2D Contour/2D Pocket. (CAM-2511)
- Fixed issue where toolpath could be skipped when “Contact point boundary” for Parallel. (CAM-6431)
- Changed behavior for 2D Contour to try to plunge outside stock for roughing passes when possible. Note that plunging in stock is still allowed for 2D Contour when there is no alternative. (CAM-2856)
Return to Top
Autodesk Inventor HSM 2017 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
Disk Requirements – Autodesk Inventor HSM 2017
System Actual Disk Required
Windows 64-bit HSM add-in install 0.4 GB
Return to Top
- Inventor HSM 2017 is compatible with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
- New this update – Inventor must be installed prior to installing Inventor HSM
- If you need to install Inventor, it should be available to you in the Autodesk Account Portal
Before you install Inventor HSM 2017, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM 2017.
- Before installing Inventor HSM 2017, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download Inventor HSM 2017 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at:
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.