Autodesk® Inventor CAM™ 2022.1
Build 184.108.40.206734 / 2 July 2021
This document covers these Inventor CAM products:
- Inventor CAM Premium
- Inventor CAM Ultimate
The following changes have been made in the current update (2022.1):
Changes for Milling
- Fixed an issue in which adaptive clearing unexpectedly reversed the cut direction mid-move, which could lead to a tool breakage. (#28780)
- Fixed an issue in which the adaptive clearing toolpath would not generate in specific circumstances. (#28190)
- Fixed an issue for adaptive where a ramp diameter close to the maximum possible diameter for a given pocket could cause the application to hang. (#27818)
- Fixed an issue for adaptive toolpaths where a ramp into pockets without a suitable predrill position was used in some circumstances. (#26730)
- Fixed several additional cases where adaptive clearing failed to calculate a toolpath. (#27628)
- Fixed an issue in which adaptive toolpaths that were trimmed by holder collision protection were not respecting the minimum cutting radius. (#28122)
- Fixed an issue where a toopath did not reach all accessible areas when using holder protection (pull-away) in rest machining. (#23919)
- Fixed an issue with rest shadow air cut reduction in pocket clearing that was not working correctly. (#28357)
- Added information to the log in cases where an adaptive toolpath fails to produce any path because the ramps are too large. (#27439)
- Fixed an issue where avoid surface clearance was causing an empty toolpath with unreachable passes. (#27041)
- Fixed an issue for 2D contour in which the toolpath was not calculated using the check surfaces option. (#28762)
- Fixed an issue where toolpaths would not generate with an error refering to "Turn" and "Tilt" parameters, which were not applicable in the context. (#28650)
- Added a warning for engrave when there are open curves in the input. Engrave requires the input curves to be closed. Ignoring the open curves without a warning could produce confusing results for the user. (#28620)
- Added warning messages in blend toolpaths when the drive curves are badly formed. This could include cases where the curves are end to end or where there are an odd number. (#27271)
- Fixed a crash that could occur in some cases when trimming a pocket toolpath. (#28607)
- Fixed a crash that could occur in some cases in 5-axis linking. (#27268)
Changes for Turning Profile Roughing
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths with multiple regions where the tool was not machining certain areas. (#27184)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing operations using a grooving tool with rest machining turned on that were making a deeper initial cutting pass than expected. (#26217)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing operations with cycle set to vertical passes where the tool was rapiding into the stock material. (#29044)
- Fixed an issue with turning profile roughing toolpaths with direction set to both ways where the tool was doubling back on rapid linking moves. (#28903)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing operations that were crashing in the kernel when generated. (#28715)
- Fixed an issue in turning profile roughing where the tool was machining where there was no material. (#28648)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile rest roughing operations that were not removing all the material expected. (#28214)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths where the tool was starting inside the stock. (#28056)
Changes for Turning Profile Finishing
- Fixed an issue with turning profile finishing toolpaths where the back tangential extension was not being created as expected. (#24169)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile finishing operations where the toolpath was not being generated. (#27071)
- Fixed a problem with certain turning profile finishing toolpaths not generating when the Z stock width was smaller than the tool nose radius. (#28672)
- Fixed a problem with certain turning profile finishing toolpaths that ended in an arc that were gouging through the model. (#28527)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile finishing toolpaths where the back tangential extension was not being created correctly. (#28005)
- Fixed an issue with turning profile roughing and finishing operations where the toolpath was not being generated. (#26149)
Changes for General Turning
- Added the ability to reverse the direction of every pass in a turning chamfer operation. (#18441)
- Fixed an issue with minimum retraction in turning threading operations where for multiple start threads the tool was not clearing the thread. (#27683)
- A number of crashes in the toolpath calculation module ("kernel") were fixed, mostly for turning strategies. These did not cause the application to exit, but would return empty toolpaths. (#28433, #27508, #27506, #27369, #27367, #27273, #27272, #27270, #27269, #27268, #27799, #27798, #27510)
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2022.0.1):
- Fixed an issue in which the Inventor CAM plugin would not load into older versions (2020, 2019) of Inventor. (#28867)
Changes for File Save
- Fixed an issue in which the "Save As" and "Save Copy As" commands were not being handled properly. In some cases, manufacturing data might not have been saved or might have caused a crash. (#28736)
Changes for Machine Configuration
- Fixed an issue in the Machine Configuration dialog in which the Table could be removed, causing the application to crash. (#27094)
- Fixed an issue in the Machine Configuration dialog in which drag-and-drop of a kinematic object sometimes made other objects disappear. (#27982)
- Fixed an issue in which the Machine Configuration dialog was not staying on top when active. (#28175)
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2022):
Changes for Installation
- Fixed an issue in which the ProductEdition was not set when the product was installed via the Autodesk Desktop Application (ADA). (#24697)
Changes for User Interface
- Simplified the display of feature flag information in the message log. (#27238)
- The state of any filters that you apply to the message is now remembered as a user preference. (#27240)
- Compare and Edit now remembers the selected mode when you re-open the dialog in the same session. (#5732)
Changes for Turning
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths where the machining of different regions was incorrectly ordered. (#26245)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths with multiple machining regions where the tool was gouging into the stock. (#27023)
- Fixed an issue with certain profile roughing toolpaths using a grooving tool where the tool was gouging the model. (#26907, #26480 #26481)
- Fixed an issue in which the tool limit parameter (front or back Z) was determined incorrectly for custom inserts. (#25521)
- Fixed an issue with certain tangential extensions in turning profile finishing where they were longer than expected (#23864)
Changes for Simulation
- Fixed an issue in which Part Comparison was not showing the rest material. (#27764)
Changes for Machine Configurations
- Fixed a crash that could occur when editing a machine configuration. (#27950)
Changes for Post Process
- Fixed an issue in which post processing for setup sheets failed with certain Excel templates that were not installed correctly. (#24957)
- Fixed an issue in which the machine properties did not always display in the post dialog when no machine configuration was selected. (#26337)
Changes for HSMEdit
- The CIMCO HSMEdit application has been updated (#26319). Improvements include:
- New visual look for icons.
- New solid simulation kernel with support for 5-axis.
- All general improvements and fixes from HSMEdit version 8.
- 64-bit support.
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor CAM 2022 supports Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor CAM 2022 is compatible with the 2020, 2021 and 2022 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor CAM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor CAM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller, on the CAM discussion forum, or to the Inventor CAM team using 'Send Feedback' on the 'Help' menu.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2021 Autodesk, Inc.