Autodesk® Inventor CAM™ 2021
Build 22.214.171.12482 / 16 April 2020
This document covers all three Inventor CAM products:
- Inventor CAM Express
- Inventor CAM Premium
- Inventor CAM Ultimate
The following changes have been made in the current update (2021):
Changes for Turning Profile Roughing
- Added the ability for inside turn profile roughing front to back toolpaths to retract to safe Z after every cutting pass. (#17388)
- For turn profile roughing with inside turning, cycle set to horizontal passes, direction set to front to back and use canned cycles checked off, added the ability for the tool to retract to Safe Z after every cutting pass. (#18515)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths with vertical passes that were gouging the front of the part. (#18952)
- Fixed an issue with turn profile roughing toolpaths where the tool was rapiding into model within the Z confinement limits. (#18846)
- Fixed an issue with certain inside turn profile roughing toolpaths that were violating the clearance radius. (#18727)
- Fixed a problem with certain turn profile roughing toolpaths that were entering a radial groove even when grooving was set to no grooving. (#18444, #19167)
- Fixed a bug where the toolpath would gouge through the part when "no grooving" is selected. (#17447)
- Fixed an issue where turn profile roughing and finishing toolpaths with Z or X limits set to contact point were not matching in terms of Z and X extents. (#18278)
- Fixed an issue with gouging for certain turn profile roughing toolpaths with vertical passes using a neutral holder. (#18164)
- Fixed an issue where the tool leaves material at the back of the model when limit is set to cutting edge. (#18053)
- Fixed an issue with gouging at the front with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths. (#18000)
- Fixed a bug where the tool would gouge if there is an area with a fillet of greater than 90 degrees. (#17995)
- Fixed an issue with gouging at the back Z limit for certain turning profile roughing toolpaths. (#17871)
- Fixed an issue with turn profile roughing with contact point Z limits where the toolpath created a horizontal move at the back of the part instead of a tangential move. (#17867)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths with a front tangential extension. (#17771)
- Fixed a problem with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths where retract moves were gouging the part. (#17668)
- Fixed an issue where certain profile roughing operations with a vertical passes cycle and direction set to both ways were not cutting the same amount of material as with other direction types. (#17484)
- Fixed an issue with turn profile roughing toolpaths with back to front horizontal passes where the contact point Z limit was not being calculated correctly. (#17448)
- Fixed issues with vertical passes where the axial and radial grooves are either cut when they shouldn't be or vice versa. (#17385)
- Fixed an issue with turning profile roughing operations with tool limit set to contact point that were not machining up to the correct limit. (#16964)
- Fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths with vertical passes and pecking turned on where the grooving parameter was not being respected. (#16731)
Changes for Turning Profile Finishing
- Fixed an issue with certain turn profile finishing toolpaths with multiple stepdowns where certain finishing passes were violating the Z limits. (#18710)
- Fixed an issue of gouging with certain turn profile finishing no drag toolpaths. (#18532)
Changes for Turning Grooving
- Fixed a problem with certain OD turning single groove operations with pecking turned on where the tool was ignoring the axial depth of cut and machining up to the inner limit. (#18685)
Changes for Turning Canned Cycles
- Added the ability to output in computer compensated NC code for turn profile roughing canned cycles. (#18920)
- Fixed a problem for an inside turning profile roughing toolpath with vertical passes and use canned cycles turned on where the simulation toolpath showed machining from outside to inside. (#17539)
Changes for File Save
- Fixed a crash that could occur in some situations when saving an assembly after working on CAM data. (#16845)
Changes for Installation
- Fixed an issue in which meaningless strings were sometimes displayed during installation on the Configure Installation page. (#9711)
- Fixed an issue with the application installer that resulted in a duplicate listing of the product in the Windows "Programs and Features" utility. (#17943)
Changes for Distributed CAM
- The Distributed CAM functionality has been removed due to a combination of lack of use and maintenance issues. (#19938)
- Improvements included in quarterly updates of the prior release (2020) can be found in the 2020.1, 2020.2, and 2020.3 release notes.
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor CAM 2021 supports Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor CAM 2021 is compatible with the 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor CAM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor CAM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller, on the CAM discussion forum, or to the Inventor CAM team using 'Send Feedback' on the 'Help' menu.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2019 Autodesk, Inc.