Autodesk® Inventor CAM™ 2020
Build 126.96.36.19942 / 16 April 2019
This document covers all three Inventor CAM products:
- Inventor CAM Express
- Inventor CAM Premium
- Inventor CAM Ultimate
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- The HSMEditor has been updated to the latest version for the 2020 release. (CAM-12417)
- Many icons in the user interface have been refreshed to improve constistency with Inventor. (CAM-11316)
- CAM functions for 2D Profile are now enabled when the Flat Pattern environment is active in Inventor. (CAM-10631)
- A warning is now issued if you edit a machine configuration that is being used in multiple setups, since the changes you make will affect all setups that reference the machine. (CAM-10281)
- New functions 'section.getModelOrigin' and 'section.getModelPlane' were added to provide access to the work coordinate system of the CAD model. (CAM-12614)
- A 'reset' parameter has been added to the createAxis function, which can reset the current rotary axis position to zero prior to scanning the section for the optimal rotary starting position. There are also corresponding 'axis.getReset' and 'axis.setReset' functions. (CAM-12300)
- Post Processor: A new variable 'machineParameter.spindleSpeedDwell' has been added which specifies a dwell time in seconds when the spindle speed changes during a drilling cycle. This can be used to correct expanded gun-drilling cycles. (CAM-9495)
- Fixed an issue in which the stock contours preview was incorrect when another tool orientation was selected in the operation. (CAM-12649)
- Fixed several issues in which toolpaths were not being invalidated when specific parameters were changed: Safe Z, Origin or Chuck Front in a turning setup, Entry and Pre-drill positions, Bottom Height 'from selected point'. (CAM-13938, CAM-13360, CAM-12632, CAM-13218, CAM-12991)
- Avoid incorrect parenting of the Machine Select dialog, which could lead to a crash. (CAM-13443)
- When using a cutter with a corner radius in 2D Adaptive, the upper edge of a pocket could be gouged in some circumstances; this is corrected. (CAM-11596)
- Allow machining two open bores within the same operation. (CAM-11647)
- Fixed an issue where the software could hang when calculating helical ramps on a contour pass. (CAM-12129)
- Fixed an issue in which toolpaths might not get created when using the "Fillet" option (Mac only). (CAM-12279)
- Fixed an issue where faceting could occur in Scallop operations. (CAM-12326)
- Fixed an issue in which helical links were detached from their cutting segment and a further lift and plunge was inserted in between to join them. (CAM-12364)
- Jet will now provide the user with a better warning when no path can be computed. (CAM-12953)
- Contour with Both Way and Roughing Passes used to produce partial toolpaths. This has now been fixed. (CAM-13309)
- Fixed an issue in which entry positions were inadvertently removed from 2D Chamfer operations. (CAM-13676)
- Fixed an issue which caused irregular cutting passes for the scallop strategy. (CAM-13757)
- Fixed an issue where some arcs were misformed when offset. (CAM-13135)
- Fixed an issue which could have caused gouges when smoothing for sampling strategies is enabled. (CAM-13266)
- Fixed an issue in which a toolpath would not regenerated after smoothing was turned on or off. (CAM-12599)
- Fixed an issue in which rapid retracts of undercutting tools could fail to report some collisions. (CAM-11401)
- Fixed leads when "Use fixed lead direction" was turned off for certain inside and face grooving operations. (CAM-10679)
- Use more accurate round shank holders (instead of square) for visualization and simulation of some turning tools. (CAM-11423)
- Fixed issues with toolpath verification, simulation and NC code when an angled turning tool with compensation set to tip tangent was used for profiling, facing or chamfering. (CAM-11617)
- Fixed an issue where the compensation point for a boring tool was incorrectly previewed in the tool library. (CAM-12236)
- The non-functional 'Radial dimension mode' dropdown was removed from the turning / turn-mill setup dialog. (CAM-12448)
- Fixed an issue in which the tangent compensation point for a turning tool was incorrect when changing the tool direction. (CAM-12856)
- Fixed an issue in which "getOptimizedTCPMode" was returning an incorrect value. (CAM-11367)
- A post processor error is no longer generated when a multi-axis operation has a constant tool axis of 0,0,1. (CAM-11794)
- The post processor now considers a drilling operation to be an axial center drilling operation instead of a milling operation when it is within a tolerance of X=0, Y=0. (CAM-8185)
- Fixed a problem in which linear values from the machine configuration dialog were not recalculated according to the output units. (CAM-11877)
Return to Top
- Autodesk Inventor CAM 2020 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit.
- Inventor CAM 2020 is compatible with the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 versions of Inventor, Inventor Professional, and Inventor LT.
Return to Top
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor CAM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor CAM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller, on the CAM discussion forum, or to the Inventor CAM team using 'Send Feedback' on the 'Help' menu.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2019 Autodesk, Inc.