Autodesk® HSMWorks™ 2022
Build 220.127.116.11892 / 14 April 2021
This document covers the following HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium
- HSMWorks Ultimate
- HSMWorks Fusion Entitlement
The following changes have been made in the current update (2022):
Changes for Installation
- Fixed an issue in which the ProductEdition was not set when the product was installed via the Autodesk Desktop Application (ADA). (#24697)
- In previous annual updates, the installer automatically removed earlier versions of HSMWorks from your computer before installing the update. This step is no longer done. We recommend that you manually uninstall the 2021 release before installing HSMWorks 2022. For more details, see the Installation section below.
Changes for Toolpaths
- Fixed an issue in which toolpaths would fail to generate if certain folder paths contained non-English characters. (#27004, #27426)
Changes for Machine Configurations
- Fixed an issue in which older machine configuration files were not functional in recent updates. (#24373)
Changes for Post Process
- Fixed an issue in which post processing for setup sheets failed with certain Excel templates that were not installed correctly. (#24957)
- Fixed an issue in which the machine properties were not always shown in the post processing dialog. (#27251)
Changes for HSMEdit
- The CIMCO HSMEdit application has been updated (#26319). Improvements include:
- New visual look for icons.
- New solid simulation kernel with support for 5-axis.
- All general improvements and fixes from HSMEdit version 8.
- 64-bit support.
Changes for API
- Added support for the export of NCStream (CLData) functions. (#26984)
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2022 supports Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2022 is compatible with the 2019, 2020, and 2021 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
- Before you install HSMWorks 2022, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2022 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2022, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2022 from the Autodesk Account Portal or from your Autodesk Desktop Application.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
- We recommend that you uninstall HSMWorks 2021 before installing HSMWorks 2022. You can uninstall the relevant release using the Autodesk Uninstall Tool or using "Add or remove programs" in Windows Settings. If you choose not to do that, you may need to be aware that:
- HSMWorks 2022 will now be registered with SolidWorks instead of HSMWorks 2021.
- If you uninstall HSMWorks 2021 at a later time, you may lose the registration of HSMWorks 2022 with SolidWorks. The registration between the two products can be restored using the following command, which requires admin privileges to run:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\HSMWorks 2022\hsmsw.dll"
- Before installing any updates after the annual release (e.g. HSMWorks 2022.x) there is no need to uninstall the previous HSMWorks release.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller, on the CAM discussion forum, or to the HSMWorks team using 'Send Feedback' on the 'Help' menu.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2021 Autodesk, Inc.