Autodesk® HSMWorks™ 2021
Build 18.104.22.168758 / 16 April 2020
This document covers all HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium
- HSMWorks Ultimate
- HSMWorks Fusion Entitlement
The following changes have been made in the current update (2021):
Changes for Turning
- Fixed an issue in which simulation incorrectly showed a gouge for some turning toolpaths during simulation. (#18124)
Changes for (Machine Definitions)
- Fix a crash that could occur when exiting SolidWorks after working on a part with CAM data. (#20478)
Changes for Installation
- There are no longer separate installers for HSMWorks Premium/Ultimate 2021 and HSMWorks Fusion Entitlement 2021. Use the same installer for all three products. (#18341)
- Fixed an issue in which HSMWorks Premium could not be activated for certain license types after installing from the Autodesk Desktop Application.
- Fixed an issue with the application installer that resulted in a duplicate listing of the product in the Windows "Programs and Features" utility. (#17943)
Changes for Distributed CAM
- The Distributed CAM functionality has been removed due to a combination of lack of use and maintenance issues. (#19938)
Changes for Posting
- HSMEdit has been updated to version 8.7.13. (#19729)
- Improvements included in quarterly updates of the prior release (2020) can be found in the 2020.1, 2020.2, and 2020.3 release notes.
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2021 supports Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2021 is compatible with the 2018, 2019, and 2020 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
- Before you install HSMWorks 2021, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2021 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2021, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2021 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller, on the CAM discussion forum, or to the HSMWorks team using 'Send Feedback' on the 'Help' menu.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2020 Autodesk, Inc.