Autodesk® HSMWorks™ 2021.3.1
Build 188.8.131.52841 / 05 February 2021
This document covers the following HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium
- HSMWorks Ultimate
- HSMWorks Fusion Entitlement
The following changes have been made in the current update (2021.3.1):
- Fixed an issue in which toolpaths would fail to generate if the tool name, tool description, or operation name contained non-English characters. (#27004)
The following changes have been made in an earlier update (2021.3):
Changes for Milling
- Avoid some air cutting when machining from a setup stock with undercuts or rest machining from previous operations. (#25539)
- Avoid a case where 2D Adaptive would crash the application if the radial clearance value was too large. (#21704)
The following changes have been made in an earlier update (2021.2):
Changes for General
- SolidWorks 2021 is supported with this update.
- The 'Send Feedback' item on the Help menu has been changed to 'Contact Support'. The new item now redirects you to the Autodesk 'Contact Support' site which offers various options for sending information to our Support teams. (#24491)
Changes for Milling
- Fixed an issue where the clearance distance for avoid surfaces in linking was not respected. (#22275)
- Fixed an issue that could result in a potential collision of the holder if the top of a 3D Adaptive Clearing operation was set below the top of the model. (#21665)
- Fixed an issue where 3D Adaptive Clearing could sometimes cause an internal error that stopped execution when holder protection was enabled. (#23845)
- Fixed an issue in which Adaptive Clearing could recut an area that had already been cut in some cases. (#3154)
- Fixed a problem with holder collision protection when selecting 'pull-away' for 3D Contour operations. This could cause the holder to collide with the model. (#22865)
- Enhanced the tool-axis movements for 5-axis Flow, which will now be smoother. (#20630)
Changes for Linking
- Fixed a problem where some linking moves did not respect the avoid surface clearance for Pencil and Constant Scallop toolpaths. (#23071)
- Relinking is now performed correctly when smoothing is enabled. (#21963)
- Fixed an issue where touch/avoid surfaces were not honored in trimmed toolpaths. (#22488)
- Improved arc leads on vertical walls. (#22637)
The following changes have been made in an earlier update (2021.1):
Changes for Milling
- Fixed an issue with lead-out gouging on a Flow operation in certain conditions. (#19918)
- When ordering "Outside to In" was selected in a Morphed Spiral operation, the resulting toolpath machined bottom to top as well as outside to in. This was corrected to that it will always machine top to bottom. (#17699)
- Improve the computation of raster zigzag links for Parallel operations so they are less likely to be rejected for no obvious reason. (#21652)
- Fixed an issue that caused a gouge in certain conditions when tangentially connecting linking moves for Contour operations. (#20316)
- Fixed an issue with several operation types that could cause a crash when Avoid surfaces were provided which were below the minimum Z. (#22060)
- Fixed an issue in which the Feed Height was incorrectly being raised when the vertical lead-in height was below the Feed Height on single pass contour operations ("Multiple Depths" and "Ramp" are disabled). (#19602)
- Fixed an issue that could occur in linking moves for a Spiral operation. (#18702)
The following changes have been made in an earlier update (2021):
Changes for Turning
- Fixed an issue in which simulation incorrectly showed a gouge for some turning toolpaths during simulation. (#18124)
Changes for Machine Definitions
- Fix a crash that could occur when exiting SolidWorks after working on a part with CAM data. (#20478)
Changes for Installation
- There are no longer separate installers for HSMWorks Premium/Ultimate 2021 and HSMWorks Fusion Entitlement 2021. Use the same installer for all three products. (#18341)
- Fixed an issue in which HSMWorks Premium could not be activated for certain license types after installing from the Autodesk Desktop Application.
- Fixed an issue with the application installer that resulted in a duplicate listing of the product in the Windows "Programs and Features" utility. (#17943)
Changes for Distributed CAM
- The Distributed CAM functionality has been removed due to a combination of lack of use and maintenance issues. (#19938)
Changes for Posting
- HSMEdit has been updated to version 8.7.13. (#19729)
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2021 supports Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2021 is compatible with the 2019, 2020, and 2021 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
- Before you install HSMWorks 2021, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2021 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2021, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2021 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller, on the CAM discussion forum, or to the HSMWorks team using 'Send Feedback' on the 'Help' menu.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2020 Autodesk, Inc.