Autodesk® HSMWorks™ 2020
Build 18.104.22.168575 / 16 April 2019
This document covers all three HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium
- HSMWorks Ultimate
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- Fusion 360 subscribers may now run HSMWorks by authenticating with your Autodesk account. This requires downloading and installing HSMWorks from your Autodesk account. Look for this new version at the top level of 'Products and Services', rather than the versions that are listed as part of the collection or part of 'Autodesk HSM'. (CAM-12164)
- The HSMEditor has been updated to the latest version for the 2020 release. (CAM-12417)
- A warning is now issued if you edit a machine configuration that is being used in multiple setups, since the changes you make will affect all setups that reference the machine. (CAM-10281)
- New functions 'section.getModelOrigin' and 'section.getModelPlane' were added to provide access to the work coordinate system of the CAD model. (CAM-12614)
- A 'reset' parameter has been added to the createAxis function, which can reset the current rotary axis position to zero prior to scanning the section for the optimal rotary starting position. There are also corresponding 'axis.getReset' and 'axis.setReset' functions. (CAM-12300)
- A new variable 'machineParameter.spindleSpeedDwell' has been added which specifies a dwell time in seconds when the spindle speed changes during a drilling cycle. This can be used to correct expanded gun-drilling cycles. (CAM-9495)
- A new HSMWorks_getObjectGeometry function provides access to the geometry set associated with an operation. (CAM-13613)
- A new HSMWorks_setObjectToolView function provides the ability to set the tool orientation for an object. (CAM-12988)
- A new HSMWorks_createObject function allows creation of Manual NC operations. (CAM-13678)
Return to Top
- When using a cutter with a corner radius in 2D Adaptive, the upper edge of a pocket could be gouged in some circumstances; this is corrected. (CAM-11596)
- Allow machining two open bores within the same operation. (CAM-11647)
- Fixed an issue where the software could hang when calculating helical ramps on a contour pass. (CAM-12129)
- Fixed an issue in which toolpaths might not get created when using the "Fillet" option (Mac only). (CAM-12279)
- Fixed an issue in which helical links were detached from their cutting segment and a further lift and plunge was inserted in between to join them. (CAM-12364)
- Jet will now provide the user with a better warning when no path can be computed. (CAM-12953)
- Contour with Both Way and Roughing Passes used to produce partial toolpaths. This has now been fixed. (CAM-13309)
- Fixed an issue where some arcs were misformed when offset. (CAM-13135)
- Fixed an issue which could have caused gouges when smoothing for sampling strategies is enabled. (CAM-13266)
- Fixed an issue which caused irregular cutting passes for the scallop strategy. (CAM-13757)
- Fixed leads when "Use fixed lead direction" was turned off for certain inside and face grooving operations. (CAM-10679)
- Fixed an issue in which "getOptimizedTCPMode" was returning an incorrect value. (CAM-11367)
- A post processor error is no longer generated when a multi-axis operation has a constant tool axis of 0,0,1. (CAM-11794)
- The post processor now considers a drilling operation to be an axial center drilling operation instead of a milling operation when it is within a tolerance of X=0, Y=0. (CAM-8185)
- Fixed a problem in which linear values from the machine configuration dialog were not recalculated according to the output units. (CAM-11877)
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2020 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2020 is compatible with the 2017, 2018, and 2019 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller, on the CAM discussion forum, or to the HSMWorks team using 'Send Feedback' on the 'Help' menu.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com
Copyright 2019 Autodesk, Inc.