Autodesk® HSMWorks™ 2018
Build R1.41803 / 7 April 2017
This document covers all three HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium (formerly HSMWorks Professional)
- HSMWorks Ultimate (formerly HSMWorks Premium)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
New in this version:
- HSMXpress no longer requires a license number to run.
- Added support for new setting to control radial and axial grooving for Turning Profile. (#6688)
- Added support for Tool Orientation for Turning Face. (#6953)
- Added example for testing stock transfer cycles for post processing.
- Now using Autodesk Installer. This adds a new License Transfer shortcut, along with the Autodesk Desktop App (for updates).
- Fixed wrong icon for Axial and Radial Stock To Leave for turning. (#6499)
- Fixed issue where the WCS was not placed on the stock box for Job. (#6889)
- Fixed entry point support for Adaptive Clearing.
- Fixed problem where grooving was not allowed for back to front cutting with round inserts for Turning Profile. (#6823)
- Fixed issue with 2D Adaptive Clearing not using the cylindrical stock contours. (#2193)
- Fixed issue with additional stock shown in Job preview when “No Additional Stock” was selected. (#6377)
- Fixed edge length support for metric turning inserts. (#6493)
- Fixed Stock Simulation issue for Chamfer Mills. (#5972)
- Updated translations.
Changes to post processor:
- Added support for manual tool change property for HAAS turning post.
- Added support for part catcher for Mitsubishi turning post.
- Added support for subprograms for Fanuc post.
- Fixed missing lock of rotaries after 5-axis simultaneous toolpath for HAAS UMC-750 post.
- Fixed potential failure for setup sheets.
- Fixed parametric feed support when using feed per revolution for turning posts.
- Added error message when length and diameter offsets don’t match for Freedom router post.
- Updated inverse time support for Fanuc with A-axis.
- Updated inverse time support for HAAS with A-axis.
- Added explicit RETURN for canned cycles for CAMplete post.
- Updated XCZ mode for better quality for HAAS mill-turn posts.Switched to rigid tapping for CAMplete post.
- Major simplification and improvements for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Removed part catcher property for HAAS mill-turn post.
- Part catcher is now only controlled using the part catcher setting within the CAM system.
- Disabled machine config by default for HURCO post.
- Improved rotary axis clamp handling for HAAS posts.
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2018 is compatible with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
Before you install HSMWorks 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2018 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the HSMWorks team directly at email@example.com or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com/
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.