Release Notes – 2018.3.1 (R4.1) Update
Build R4.42817 / 2 February 2018
This document covers all three HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium (formerly HSMWorks Professional)
- HSMWorks Ultimate (formerly HSMWorks Premium)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
The following changes have been made in the current update (2018.3.1):
- Fixed reduced feedrate when using feed per rev for turning strategies. #9337
- Remove license expiration from about dialog. #9346
Changes to post processor:
- Added support for trunnion type 5-axis table for Robodrill post.
- The table C-axis will now be used indexing when machining from Z and the C-axis is available for Tormach PathPilot post.
- Added new properties to control if tool changer, work offsets, and machine retracts should be used for EMC post.
- Added new property ‘useSmoothingType’ to choose between high accuracy control type I (G5.1 Q1) or type II (G5 P10000) smoothing for DMG Mori NHX post. The default is type I.
- Fixed wrong variables for drilling cycles for DATRON next post.
- Fixed WCS so it is output on first motion when using Format 1 for Fadal post.
- Fixed typo for Validating post.
- Fixed missing unit mapping for getGlobalParameter() API. #9347
- Fixed tool preview for HTML setup sheets for Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Fixed property descriptions for Fadal post.
- Fixed G71 threading cycle for Okuma turning post.
- Fixed failure for default handling of multi-axis toolpath.
- Fixed missing update of arc state for Curve.getEntity() API. #8893
- Update BOXFORD post for workpiece handling.
- Adjust the final point of the circle to lie exactly on the circle ProtoTRAK post.
- Adjust the final point of the circle to lie exactly on the circle ProtoTRAK turning post.
- Changed HAAS with A-axis post to use closest axis rotation.
- Enabled INCH/METRIC output for ISEL post.
- Changed the output of the G76 threading cycle to use a single (double) block instead of outputting blocks for each pass and fixed the output parameters of the cycle for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Increased the accuracy of the linear coordinates to alleviate problems with circular interpolation for Biesse CIX post.
- Tormach Slant-PRO post is now deprecated. Use the Tormach Turning (PathPilot) post instead.
- Removed the RapidTurn property since this setting is not required to run the RapidTurn accessory for Tormach Turning (PathPilot) post.
- Removed the ‘preloadTool’ property since the machine does not have this capability for Tormach.
- Guided deep drilling cycle is now using the given retract feedrate instead of the positioning feedate. The positioning feedrate will generally be low so this change can improve the machining time. #9310
- Changed shorten feature to only apply between onSection() and onSectionEnd(). #9248
The following changes were made in an earlier update (2018.3):
- Added support for pecking for Turning Profile. You can use this feature to break the chips.
- Added support for back cutting (used for Sandvik PrimeTurning) for Turning Profile.
- Added support for both ways Adaptive Clearing. When both ways is enabled you can set a separate load and feedrate for the opposite cutting direction. You can use this feature to reduce machining time further when roughing depending on the material you are machining. The main cutting direction (normally Climb) will be the preferred cutting direction but the opposite direction will be used when the alternative non-engaging stay down linking would be estimated to be longer.
- Fixed issue when selecting a tool from different operation in the tool library did not use the desired feedrates and speeds. #9235
- Fixed issue where pasted operations would not be marked as out-of-date when pasting into a different job. #8103
- Fixed issue where the maximum spindle speed would be overwritten when selecting tool which uses constant surface speed. #8394
- Show live tool setting for the Drill operation for mill-turn. #7934
- Show number of holes being machined for Drill. #8222
- Improved stock simulation of simultaneous multi-axis toolpath. #9187
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2018 is compatible with the 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
Before you install HSMWorks 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2018 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the HSMWorks team directly at email@example.com or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com/
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.