Release Notes – 2018.2 (R3) Update
Build R3.42596 / 2 October 2017
This document covers all three HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium (formerly HSMWorks Professional)
- HSMWorks Ultimate (formerly HSMWorks Premium)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- Added new strategy Probe to support common probing cycles for automatically updating the work offset.
- Added support for approach mode for 2D Contour when machining a tapered wall. The default is to machine along the tapered wall. This setting allows the user to machine vertically instead so only the final pass will touch the wall. #6078
- Added default description in Compare and Edit for the filter control to help explain its purpose. #8336
- Changed filtering by capability such that the Milling filter no longer includes Mill-Turn posts in the post processing dialog. #8334
- Changed presentation of the post configurations during post processing to primarily use the description from the post configuration itself. This ensures a better ordering of the posts. #8314
- Added support for integer property definitions when using values with titles in the post processing dialog.
- Add Renishaw Sample Probes library. #8302
- Added advanced setting for Adaptive Clearing to control the cutting turn radius. You need to enable Advanced settings when editing the operation to see the new setting called “Curve In Radius”. Alternatively you can use Compare and Edit to adjust its value. #7420
- Added support for custom file filters for file path properties in the post processing dialog.
- Added support for importing property definitions from the posts for nice presentation, validation and documentation.
- Added progress indication when scanning posts during post processing.
- Improved presentation of user defined properties in the post processing dialog and added additional error checking. #8100
- Added “Keep Original” option to Duplication and Component pattern. #8094
- Added support for singularity settings from machine configuration. These settings allow the post processor to adjust the toolpath at singularities for simultaneous multi-axis toolpath. #8083
- Added support for SolidWorks 2018. #8066
- Added Fixture Attachment point for Job. This is coordinate system can be used for integration with third party NC program simulation software. #7938
- Added new API HSMWorks_getToolpathStats() to get toolpath statistics. #8033
- Disabled deprecated Manage My Posts option from post processing dialog. #8337
- Changed limit for angular settings to 10800 deg instead of 7200 deg.
- Search field now has focus by default when opening the Compare and Edit dialog. #7908
- Use the program name and comment for first job when multiple jobs are selected when post processing. #7515
- Adjust layout of Tool Renumber dialog to make room for non-English translations. #7020
- Fixed issue with Number of Stepovers parameter appearing twice for Swarf. #8228
- Updated stock simulation to fix potential crashes and hangs.
- Fixed issue with setting heights in Compare and Edit. #7883
- Fixed performance issue where analyzing the model for holes could take significant time on parts with thousands of faces when making a drill operation. #8135
- Fixed the default Fixed Size stock bounding box for the job. #7891
- Fixed generation issue for Axis Substitution in 3D strategies. #8039
- Fixed crash when enabling Tool Orientation issue when editing an operation. #7977
- Fixed layout issue for 2D Chamfer which caused tolerance setting to be hidden. #7971
- Removed unsupported lead radii for Turning Face. #7056
- Removed unsupported stock to leave for Turning Chamfer. #1465
- Avoid reapplication of feeds and speeds if the same tool is selected. #7557
Changes to toolpath generation:
- Added support for merging multiple contours when they are touching for turning. #6156
- Changed movement to using predrilling feed for Adaptive Clearing when using the predrill feature. #7743
- Fixed issue where Adaptive Clearing would get stuck during calculation. #7327
- Fixed potential failure for Turning Grooving. #7844
- Fixed potential failure for Adaptive Clearing. #6587
- Fixed issue with leads not remaining in fixed orientation when cutting at an angle for Turning Profile. #7782
- Fixed retract exceeding clearance for Turning Profile. #7837
- Fixed potential failure during staydown for Adaptive Clearing. #7825
- Fixed potential failure for Adaptive Clearing. #7294
- Changed turning to return error when multiple disjoint contours are provided. #6156
- Improved support for predrilling for 2D Contour to support cases where tool size is very close to the pocket being machining. #7675
- Improved retract linking for Turning Profile. #7498
- Improved toolpath quality near rotary axis for Turning Profile. #7545
Changes to post processor:
- Added API PostProcessor.registerTerminationHandler() to register functions to be called at end of processing.
- Added API for multi-axis singularity settings. See MachineConfiguration.setSingularity() for details.
- Fixed support for Unicode for ZipFile API. #7021
- Fixed issue where toolpath information was not available during onTerminate().
Changes to post library:
- Added Siemens 840D with subprograms post.
- Added ACU-RITE MILLPWR G2 post.
- Added support for product and holder links for HTML Tool Sheet.
- Added Kern laser post.
- Added new property ‘useTCPC’ to switch between TCP and no-TCP for HAAS Next Generation posts.
- Added support for accumulated depth for the G73 canned cycle for HAAS mill posts.
- Detect and present product ID for tool and holder as link for HTML setup sheet.
- Improved CAMplete post for better support of installed CAMplete.
- Added DMS router FAGOR 8055 & 8065 posts.
- Added property ‘writeComments’ to enable/disable comments for Maho 432 post.
- Added CNC Router Parts Mach3 plasma post.
- Added post for Maho Philips 432.
- Added Mach3 waterjet and plasma posts.
- Updated support for G112/XZC machining for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Added ProtoTRAK turning post.
- Added G48 support for CSS mode for Mach3 turning post.
- Added support for switching to mm/s using property ‘useUnitPerSecondFeedrates’ for WinPC-NC. The default is mm/min. This feature is only supported for metric mode.
- Added support for turning off rigid tapping using property ‘useRigidTapping’ for Fadal post. Rigid tapping is enabled by default.
- Added support for laser cutting for UCCNC post.
- Added property ‘abrasiveFlow’ for Hydren waterjet post.
- Updated properties for specifying the machine model for Roland RML post.
- Updated properties for specifying the fourth axis for UCCNC posts.
- Updated properties for specifying the fourth axis for WinPC-NC posts.
- Added properties to tell which rotaries are available to avoid G28 retracts when not desired for HAAS Next Generation posts.
- Updated when to use the chip breaking and deep drilling canned cycles for Anilam ISO post.
- Don’t show number of flutes if 0 for HTML Setup Sheet.
- Updated MultiCam HPGL post to only accept 3-axis toolpath.
- Ignore work offset for Roland post.
- Updated MultiCam ISO post to only accept 3-axis toolpath.
- Updated FlexiCAM post to only accept 3-axis toolpath.
- Updated documentation for properties for posts.
- Added failure when not using machine rotaries for multi-axis simultaneous toolpath for posts.
- Updated documentation for properties for posts.
- Adjusted encoder reset at rewinds for HAAS UMC-750 post.
- Adjusted rewind handling for HAAS with trunnion post.
- Updated support for floating tab holder for Andronic post.
- Changed description for HTML Setup Sheet.
- Updated retract handling for Heidenhain posts.
- Simplified implementation of Flow post.
- Renamed property ‘rigidTapping’ to ‘useRigidTapping’ for Heidenhain posts.
- Changed defaults for properties and added support for enabling/disabling multi-axis for CR Onsrud router post.
- Major update of ISEL post.
- Updated tool info for HTML Setup Sheet and enabled tool list by default.
- Updated description for HAAS milling posts to include ‘(pre-NGC)’ to indicate that posts are for the pre-Next Generation Control.
- Updated multi-axis support for Pocket NC, 5AXISMAKER, and HAAS posts.
- Updated inverse time support for HAAS posts.
- Updated inverse time support for Tormach PathPilot, Pocket NC, 5AXISMAKER, and Fadal posts.
- Updated inverse time support for Fanuc with A-axis post.
- Fixed wrong rotation for 5-axis indexing when tool axis is perpendicular to the slave table for Pocket NC.
- Fixed canned cycles output for Anilam ISO post.
- Use 6 decimals for to multi-axis vectors when no machine is defined for Siemens 840 posts.
- Fixed G18 issue for polar interpolation mode for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Fixed naming for property ‘spindleSpeedInRPM’ for Roland RML post.
- Fixed potential failure for Heidenhain 407 post.
- Fixed issue with failure for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed missing axis limit for PLANE SPATIAL for Heidenhain and Heidenhain 426 posts.
- Fixed missing spindle and coolant on command for rewind situations for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed potentially missing model picture issue for Excel 2007 Setup Sheet.
- Fixed wrong initial position issue for Brother post.
- Fixed C-axis positioning for axial center drilling for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed multi-axis support for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Fixed issue with out of range C-axis for XZC milling for HAAS lathe posts.
- Fixed G43.4 for Doosan VMC Fanuc post.
- Fixed multi-axis indexing issue for HAAS posts.
- Fixed unsupported G90/G91 for Mach4 turning post.
- Fixed support for property ‘useZ’ at cycles for Torchmate post.
- Fixed wrong syntax for cycles for XML post.
- Fixed power-off support for nozzle down moves for Flow post.
- Fixed tangency validation for Thermwood post.
- Fixed missing EOT at program end for Maho 432 post.
- Fixed slow positioning moves for canned cycles for Fadal post.
- Fixed circular moves in ZX plane for ISEL post.
- Fixed missing G43.4 TCP output for Fanuc posts.
- Fixed subprogram issues for Heidenhain post.
- Fixed missing length offset for Siemens 802D/810D posts. Note that length offset is always set to D1.
- Fixed backwards compatibility issue for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed G94 output for Fanuc with A-axis post.
- Fixed position issue for subprogram for Fanuc post.
- Fixed missing D-word with G41/G42 for Hydren Systems waterjet post.
- Fixed missing output of main/sub spindle for axial center drilling for Mazak Integrex post.
- Fixed issue for CSS mode for Siemens mill-turn post.
- Fixed coolant handling for Tormach post.
- Updated smoothing and fixed multi-axis support for Onsrud post.
- Fixed turning output after drilling for Doosan mill-turn post.
- Fixed inverse time support for Mach mill posts.
- Disabled G2/G3 since unsupported for Carvey.
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2018 is compatible with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
Before you install HSMWorks 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2018 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the HSMWorks team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com/
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.