Release Notes – 2018.2.1 (R3.1) Update
Build R3.42644 / 3 November 2017
This document covers all three HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium (formerly HSMWorks Professional)
- HSMWorks Ultimate (formerly HSMWorks Premium)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
- Fixed issue with folder selection dialog. #8770
- Avoid showing Maximum Groove Stepdown and Grooving Pattern when roughing passes are disabled for Turning Profile Groove. #8711
- Fixed support for post processing to files that do not have a file extension. #8722
- Corrected tooltip graphics for Contact Point Boundary parameter. #2492
- Fixed incorrect default for Probe WCS Offset when creating new job. #8599
- Ensure release of HSMWorks license when unloading addin. #8630
- Reenable display of file name in post process dialog. #8784
Changes in toolpath generation:
- Fixed wrong roughing toolpath issue for Turning Groove.. #8511
Changes to post processor:
- Fixed missing unit mapping for Section.getParameter() API for number parameters. #8724
- Fixed missing properties for CurveEntity API. #8766
- Fixed error during cycle time calculation when there is a Z-plane probing cycle. #8551
- Fixed issue with unsupported tool orientation for machine when post processing. #8772
Changes to post library:
- Fixed wrong syntax for canned cycles for XML post.
- Fixed missing indexing of C-axis in XCZ mode for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Fixed missing option for G18 property for Milltronics post.
- Fixed homing of the C-axis at the end of the program and disabled the output of G80 after a part transfer operation for Doosan mill-turn Fanuc post.
- Fixed helical move issues for MillPlus post.
- Fixed probing cycles for Heidenhain posts.
- Fixed helical move issues for Siemens mill posts.
- Fixed wrong coolant M-codes for CNC Router Parts (Mach3Mill) post.
- Fixed tapping with chip breaking for UCCNC posts.
- Fixed issue with missing wrap of listed tools for HTML setup sheets.
- DATRON MCR English/German posts are now deprecated. Use the DATRON MCR post instead.
- Adjusted parameter output to exclusively use type attribute for differentiating between types for XML post.
- Switched from using G53 to G28 for machine retracts for TinyG post.
- Updated multi-axis rewind handling to allow for resetting of the encoder and handling of continuous axes for HAAS posts.
- Added documentation of properties for HAAS posts.
- Updated multi-axis rewind handling to allow for resetting of the encoder and handling of continuous axes.
- Major update of DATRON next post with improvements and fixes.
- Major update of DATRON MCR post with improvements and fixes.
- Added Mazak laser post.
- Added feedrate support for Mach3 waterjet post.
- Added property to use pitch for tapping for Mazatrol Fusion 640M post.
- Added documentation of properties for HAAS mill-turn posts.
- Added support for BC-style trunnion for HAAS Next Generation posts.
- Added support for 5-axis trunnion, subprograms, probing, nano smoothing, and center part at door for Doosan VMC Fanuc post.
- Added new property ‘TCPType’ to control the TCP type for OSAI post.
- Added property ‘useG0’ to turn on/off G0 rapid moves for Pocket NC post.
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2018 is compatible with the 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
Before you install HSMWorks 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2018 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the HSMWorks team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com/
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.