Release Notes – 2018.1.1 Update
Build R2.42099 / 16 August 2017
This document covers all three HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium (formerly HSMWorks Professional)
- HSMWorks Ultimate (formerly HSMWorks Premium)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
New in this version:
- Fixed regression related to Axis Substitution not working after 2018.1 update. #8039
- Fixed crash when enabling Tool Orientation issue when editing an operation. #7977
- Fixed layout issue for 2D Chamfer which caused tolerance setting to be hidden. #7971
Changes to toolpath generation:
- Added support for merging multiple contours when they are touching for turning. #6156
- Changed movement to using predrilling feed for Adaptive Clearing when using the predrill feature. #7743
- Fixed issue where Adaptive Clearing would get stuck during calculation. #7327
- Fixed potential failure for Turning Grooving. #7844
- Fixed potential failure for Adaptive Clearing. #6587
- Fixed issue with leads not remaining in fixed orientation when cutting at an angle for Turning Profile. #7782
- Fixed retract exceeding clearance for Turning Profile. #7837
- Fixed potential failure during staydown for Adaptive Clearing. #7825
- Fixed potential failure for Adaptive Clearing. #7294
- Changed turning to return error when multiple disjoint contours are provided. #6156
- Improved support for predrilling for 2D Contour to support cases where tool size is very close to the pocket being machining. #7675
- Improved retract linking for Turning Profile. #7498
- Improved toolpath quality near rotary axis for Turning Profile. #7545
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2018 is compatible with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
Before you install HSMWorks 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2018 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the HSMWorks team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com/
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.