Release Notes – 2018.0.1a Update
Build R1.41862 / 3 May 2017
This document covers all three HSMWorks products:
- HSMWorks Premium (formerly HSMWorks Professional)
- HSMWorks Ultimate (formerly HSMWorks Premium)
This release contains a number of important fixes and improvements, as identified below.
Changes in this version:
- Fixed issue with wrong toolpath for Turning Profile depending of tool definition. #7190
- Fixed issue with broken turning grooving and threading tools. #7128
- Custom turning tool Insert Sizes are not specified anymore in the tool’s Name. #7035
- Added command to open Autodesk Account Portal from CAM menu.
- Holes for drilling are checked for obstructions only against native SolidWorks bodies. Imported bodies would have a significant penalty when checking for obstructions. #7185
Changes to toolpath generation:
- Fixed issue with retracts to home position exceeding the retract limits for Turning Groove. #6777
- Fixed issue with missing horizontal lead-ins for 2D Contour when using roughing. #5921
- Fixed wrong passes issues when using morph mode for 2D Pocket. #3581
- Fixed wrong staydown linking for 2D Contour. #1474
- Fixed wrong leads for 2D Contour. #1490
- Fixed rest machining support when using sideways cutting for Turning Grooving. #6899
- Fixed issue where error was not properly returned when no retract could be successfully fitted for Contour. #2765
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. #6783
- Fixed wrong retract for ID machining for Turning Profile. #6715
- Fixed isse with lead-out exceeding axial limit for Turning Profile. #6096
- Fixed missing trimming of too high passes for Engrave. #2757
- Fixed issue were lower passes where not skipped when higher passes could not be reached for Pocket. #6710
- Fixed potential generation failure for Adaptive Clearing. #5583
- Fixed wrong ordering from outside issue for 2D Pocket. #6576
- Improved toolpath quality for Turning Profile to avoid non tangential final cutting pass fragment in more cases. #2303
- Improved linking for 2D Contour to ensure rapid retract in more cases. #6660
- Improved pull-away linking for Turning Profile to ensure more leads. #6677
- Improved toolpath quality for Turning Groove. #6656
- Fixed issue where motion between different Z-levels would be in feed rather than rapid for 2D Contour/2D Pocket. #2437
- Fixed issue with skipped pocket due to linking for 2D Contour/2D Pocket. #5923
- Improved toolpath quality for 2D Contour to avoid extra circular moves in more cases. #2781
- Use lead-in instead of plunge when linking outside of defined stock for 2D Contour/2D Pocket. #2494
Return to Top
- Autodesk HSMWorks 2018 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
- HSMWorks 2018 is compatible with the 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Return to Top
- SOLIDWORKS must be installed prior to installing HSMWorks
Before you install HSMWorks 2018, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- For Windows 10: Windows Update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows Settings, which is available from the Windows menu.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install HSMWorks 2018 (approx. 2 GB).
- Before installing HSMWorks 2018, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download HSMWorks 2018 from the Autodesk Account Portal (preferred) or cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous HSMWorks release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make HSMWorks even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the HSMWorks team directly at email@example.com or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at: http://cam.autodesk.com/
Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc.