Autodesk® Inventor HSM™ 2017
Build 4.0.0.027 / May 3, 2016
This document covers all three Inventor CAM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM
- Inventor HSM Pro
Inventor HSM and Inventor HSM Pro-specific
- Added toolpaths for Chamfering, where it uses the shape of the tool to automatically avoid collisions with the part
- Added Engraving, where you can mill text or special shapes designed into the part with ah chamfer tool
- Added Probing to help locate and set the zero and bounds of your part.
- Added 3D Morph Strategy
- Added “Turning or mill/turn” option to Setup.
- Added Fixed size tube and Relative size tube to the stock options in Setup
All versions of Inventor HSM (including Inventor HSM Express)
- Various improvements and fixes for the toolpath strategies.
- Improved rest material calculations from stock model
- Faster Adaptive Clearing operations through modifications to algorithm.
- Improved use of multi-core CPU’s
- Updated Haas UMC UMC-750 post
- Added: Roland RML, LinuxCNC, KOSY, MyDIYCNC, Siemens turning, Datron MCR, Carbide 3D Post
- Added turning post for TorMach
- Added DMG Mori post
- General other Post Processor edits and improvements
- Modified ribbon layout
- Help is now available on-line only
- Fixed stability issues in the user interface
Autodesk Inventor HSM 2017 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
Disk Requirements – Autodesk Inventor HSM 2016
Actual Disk Required
HSM add-in only install
- The Autodesk Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017 bundle installer includes both Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017 and Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017, where Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017 can be optionally installed.
- Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017 is compatible with the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions of Inventor and Inventor LT.
- If you are running an existing installation of Autodesk Inventor Professional alongside an Inventor HSM/HSM Pro bundle install on the same machine, please activate both using the same license.
- Before you install Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
- It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017.
- Before installing Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017 from cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Application Manager.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at:
Copyright 2016 Autodesk, Inc.