Update 1 for Autodesk® Inventor HSM™ 2017
Build 4.2.0.042 / December 14, 2016
This document covers all three Inventor CAM products:
- Inventor HSM Express
- Inventor HSM
- Inventor HSM Pro
This update is for the add-on only.
Inventor HSM and Inventor HSM Pro-specific
- Added “Wrap Toolpath” option to 2D Contour, 2D Pocket, 2D Adaptive for creating 4-axis substituted operations.
- Added support for stock-probing and corner-probing.
- Added stock transfer strategies “Secondary Spindle Chuck” and “Secondary Spindle Return”.
All versions of Inventor HSM (including Inventor HSM Express)
- Added support for “Order by Area” to 2D Adaptive.
- Added “Minimum Stay-Down Clearance” parameter to 2D and 3D Adaptive.
- Added support for both sides ordering for Face to reduce machining time when doing multiple stepdowns.
- Added support for entry position for 2D Chamfer.
- Improved progress support for Adaptive Clearing.
- Improved stay down linking for Contour.
- Added Taper Angle and Corner Radius parameters to “Face Mill” tools.
- Added “Ball” mode to “Tapered Mill” tools.
- Added “Thread Mill” tool type.
- Added option to open the Online Post Library from the post dialog menu.
- Added plane/orientation of toolpath for XML post.
- Added support for multi-axis simultaneous toolpath for generic Heidenhain 407 post.
- Improved coolant handling for generic Haas milling posts.
- Added support for dust collector for generic CNC Router Parts post.
- Added short description, vendor, and long description for the post selection tool tip. The long description is now also shown for the properties.
- Added shortcut key support on the CAM ribbon.
- Improved stability in the User Interface
- Renamed “Morphing” to “Morph” and “Projection” to “Project” for consistency with other strategies.
Autodesk Inventor HSM 2017 supports Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
Disk Requirements – Autodesk Inventor HSM 2017
Actual Disk Required
|Windows 64-bit||Bundle install||7.9 GB|
|HSM add-in only install||0.4 GB|
- The Autodesk Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017 bundle installer includes both Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017 and Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017, where Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017 can be optionally installed.
- Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017 is compatible with the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions of Inventor and Inventor LT.
- If you are running an existing installation of Autodesk Inventor Professional alongside an Inventor HSM/HSM Pro bundle install on the same machine, please activate both using the same license.
- Before you install Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017, please make sure to run Windows Update, install all Windows Updates that are pending on your machine, and reboot:
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- Windows 7: Windows Update is located in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
- It is sometimes necessary to perform a Windows Update multiple times to completely update your operating system.
- Verify that enough disk space is available on your machine to install Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017.
- Before installing Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017, please uninstall all prior Autodesk beta products.
- Download Inventor HSM/HSM Pro 2017 from cam.autodesk.com.
- Follow the instructions to download and launch the installer. Temporary extraction is to your temp folder. Operating system errors regarding very long path names can occur if the temporary location is nested too many levels deep.
- If the installer does not launch, browse to the folder where the files were extracted, and double-click setup.exe.
Updating an existing installation
- When a new update is available, an update notification will appear in the Autodesk Application Manager.
- Please download and install the update package.
Before installing an update there is no need to uninstall a previous Inventor HSM release; but if you prefer to do so, you can uninstall the relevant release in Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel by accessing “View installed updates”.
Return to Top
We encourage you to provide your feedback to us and help make Inventor HSM even better. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please report them to Autodesk through your reseller or to the Inventor HSM team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the CAM discussion forum.
The Autodesk CAM Team
For more information visit us at:
Copyright 2016 Autodesk, Inc.